• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

NOT Epic Elbe trip 2/23

NotSoPC

So for my birthday I want to hit Elbe. Been once a few months back on 31s and ran I think Alder and then another train with one real deep trench (deep as my jeep is tall) then hit a mucky section with a few different lines through the trees (if you know what trail I am talking about could you tell me the name?). Anyways I am aiming to hit both the same trails as last time but also want to hit vista (one of the rigs with us high centered on the first rocks and we backed out :rolleyes:). I don't know Elbe for **** as I have only been the one time. I know lower busy is out of the question, but what about upper? Anyone going to be out there on the 23rd and willing to show some mild build DD rigs around? Really just looking to have some fun for the day.

Edit: I was just looking over a map od Elbe and I think we ran Mainline and Alder Loop. I want to run some others this next time out.

Last edited:
I ran the entire Busy in it's forward direction with my rear locked, IFS, slightly body damaged 4Runner in November 2011. It was all I had to get 'er through but we did make it out the other side by dusk.

It is obviously better (harder) nowadays.

Last edited:
Ya, most of, if any, of the rigs are set up to run the busy. I have not seen the upper part of the trail, but have been told it is a lot more mild. This true?

With no lockers I would expect some body dings... but with a winch and patients it can be done.... not that I recommend. So many other trails up there. :awesomework:

How has Elbe been since the logging in 2011?
I haven't been back since I cut the timber up there. Is it better or worse than before??

It's still a shadow of it's former glory but getting better every season. The bottom is fully legit again though. In 2011 it had just been logged and was a highway.

I had the contract to do all the cutting for Wyss Logging who logged it. I knew they were supposed to "Repair" the trails after logging it but never went back to see if they did.

With no lockers I would expect some body dings... but with a winch and patients it can be done.... not that I recommend. So many other trails up there. :awesomework:

Ya I was thinking we would just avoid the Busy all together. We will just run the other trails and play around for a while. Kinda sucks not having a more capable rig now a days, but once the boys are older I will be able to build another good one. Until then the light stuff will have to do.

Light wheeling rigs are MORE fun, and that's not just my opinion.:flipoff:

Buggies, Truggies, Juggies, Zuggies and Huggies are:rolleyes: Grassroots wheeling FTMFW!