• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

not sure where to post this - Colored Line-X

Rich1

I looked--I listened--I changed
I'm wondering if anyone on the site here has - Colored Line X or something similar to it - sprayed on bed liner?

Going to spray the outside of the Rubicon in yellow. But wanted to see how the stuff turns out, anyone done this on parts or their rigs in color?

I've seen it done, looks okay at first, but after a couple years in the sun it looks pretty bad. I'm sure they probably have UV protected stuff now, but I still wouldn't do it.

Rigs look better scraped up anyways..Dont do a body condom, do wheel the piss out of it. Kat and Rhonda can show you how.

I've seen it done, looks okay at first, but after a couple years in the sun it looks pretty bad. I'm sure they probably have UV protected stuff now, but I still wouldn't do it.

i hear it's heavy - although i'm looking for something to hide the scratches and dings. add some color change and also, protect everything. I see the sites for line x color etc, but i'd like to hear from someone that has used it in the color form and how it's holding up - color, peel or what as far as being applied to the outside of a rig, fenders doors tub? i got a jeep and want to spray the entire outside with this stuff. just not sure, it says upto a 1/4 inch thick, not sure i'd need that much except in key areas.

Rigs look better scraped up anyways..Dont do a body condom, do wheel the piss out of it. Kat and Rhonda can show you how.

is that who showed you... :D

Yeah, but this isn't just a trail rig. I want it to have a nice appeal to it as i drive across the country side to places. Maybe your right though....

Rich, I have seen it and I personally think it looks like ass. A textured surface will be hard to clean too. It will look like a big dirty tennis ball in no time.

Rich, I have seen it and I personally think it looks like ass. A textured surface will be hard to clean too. It will look like a big dirty tennis ball in no time.

the reality is i want a lighter rig, this aint exactly going after that accomplishment in the right order. but yet crush corners or tube fenders, bumpers... argh... i'm trying to go to rope versus cable on the winch. a solid stubby bumper with lighter metal on the ends to make it a full f bumper.

everywheres i can lose weight, i'm trying. i know adding line -x isn't to top choice but it does cover the areas most likely effected as far as damage.

jeeps are little, just a few inches around the outside of the tub / tailgate. no doors, hood or grill. just the rocker areas and front fenders. shouldn't weigh anything really. just trying to see how it lasts or holds up.

The line x won't keep dents from happening---and I've seen rigs done and it doesn't look good.... Dude's right, looks like you can't/don't ever clean your rig...:puke:

The line x won't keep dents from happening---and I've seen rigs done and it doesn't look good.... Dude's right, looks like you can't/don't ever clean your rig...:puke:

when it gets a good dent... does it crack or peel?

how does the stuff hold up...

when it gets a good dent... does it crack or peel?

how does the stuff hold up...

LineX is more durable than most of the others. It's kinda abrasive to skin, with a sandpaper like finish. Rhino is more rubbery, however wears faster with rubbing, and is normally thicker applied.

Both hold up quite well, with fading normal after a couple of years.

Both will peel if the dents are sharp enough, but peeling won't be a normal concern. MY opinion is the LineX is stickier, because it's applied hot. However, the installer is more to do with stickyness than the actual material. In order to apply the stuff, they first sand your paint to get a abraided surface for the stuff to stick to. The better the prep work (sanding), the better the stick.

Applying either liner to the exterior of your Rubi will have substantial negative effect on the value should you decide to trade or sell. It will greatly devalue the rig because everyone will think you're trying to hide damage. Plus, it will limit the potential customers to only those who intend to go off-roading. Most Rubi buyers are street driven. Since your rigs tend to get sold quite often....

Last edited:
Spoken like a true web-wheeler :haha::haha::haha:

shudda up... EBP

your on this site more than I'am... posting more than me too. hummm, I think we should have a little EBP get together versus the Non-EBP people and see just how you guys would do back in the seat of a stocker. *(of course you'd have to provide your own.)

For once i made a choice to start with a platform i'm comfortable with, where the rig will function and do more than i expected it to do and then wheel it in stock form until i see where i need to make improvements. sure i could've bought or put together a buggy for this price of the Rubi, but thats not what i wanted... i like driving the jeep daily. i like being able to go places in it and find the trails everywhere that i can wheel on. not truck and trailering all over the place, it's nice to have a rig that you can do that in. sure right now i can't go hit the rocks or tackle some trails i'm used to running but it's alot of fun opening the doorway to everything else. drives up to the mountains, fishing by the lake, camping and of course wheeling.

your living inside a box, your the one that is limited and you made it that way, i can go almost anywheres and thensome. as the build continues it will just get better for what the Rubi can and will do. You say spoken like a true web wheeler... i'm not too worried about body damage or etc, just think it would be cool to minimize the amount i know it will take over the years. having some line x in the areas of the tub will lesson the need for touch up paint to keep the rusty scratches down to a minimum. thats all i'm shooting for here. but thanks for your positive input... now go find yourself a rock.

shudda up... EBP

your on this site more than I'am... posting more than me too. hummm, I think we should have a little EBP get together versus the Non-EBP people and see just how you guys would do back in the seat of a stocker. *(of course you'd have to provide your own.)

Check your post count :haha::haha::haha:

shudda up... EBP

For once i made a choice to start with a platform i'm comfortable with, where the rig will function and do more than i expected it to do and then wheel it in stock form until i see where i need to make improvements. sure i could've bought or put together a buggy for this price of the Rubi, but thats not what i wanted... i like driving the jeep daily. i like being able to go places in it and find the trails everywhere that i can wheel on. not truck and trailering all over the place, it's nice to have a rig that you can do that in. sure right now i can't go hit the rocks or tackle some trails i'm used to running but it's alot of fun opening the doorway to everything else. drives up to the mountains, fishing by the lake, camping and of course wheeling.

your living inside a box, your the one that is limited and you made it that way, i can go almost anywheres and thensome. as the build continues it will just get better for what the Rubi can and will do. You say spoken like a true web wheeler... i'm not too worried about body damage or etc, just think it would be cool to minimize the amount i know it will take over the years. having some line x in the areas of the tub will lesson the need for touch up paint to keep the rusty scratches down to a minimum. thats all i'm shooting for here. but thanks for your positive input... now go find yourself a rock.

Rich--I would but brad on ignore--he is just trying to push your buttons--take the power of him to push your buttons and he is like a kid in the corner finger painting with his diaper...

Rich--I would but brad on ignore--he is just trying to push your buttons--take the power of him to push your buttons and he is like a kid in the corner finger painting with his diaper...

I know and you too can see that i've made some critical changes in my responses...

I'm ok, I'm not going there - I'm happy and I even spelled that out in words Bradly can read or get help to read it to him - I like where i'm at and going.

:cheer:

i did the complete outside of my rig in Dura-Bake, was about $100.00 a gallon and you apply with a roller. did the out in orange and the inside in black, has held up great through flops and trees. when the paint fades i hit it with a can of crylon to freshin it up. paint takes great and you dont have to worry about runs.
but mine is 100% trail rig.
for a street/trail rig, the rockers maybe but for resale i wold not do the whole thing

Latest posts