• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

nother 4.3 yota

AJ Johnson

So, I've been building a 4.3 for my 94 4cyl yota. I started with a 92 block with the balance shaft for smoothness, 96 heads, and the edelbrock Vortec intake. I have the TBI adapter to go on the intake and a TBI that was bored out to a 2" bore with 350 injectors. Dunno how well that combo will work, but I'm gonna give it a shot.
I have a 92 or 93 700R4 trans and just bought a 2" spacer that goes on the tail end of it that's supposed to make it look like the ass end of a TH350. I have AA's TH350 to Toy T-case adapter. Nice pretty pile of parts on the floor so far is all.
I went to the wrecking yard and pulled a wiring harness out of a 92 S10 Blazer that has the 16089571 ECM that should work.
I was going to have www.tbichips.com burn my chip for me, but I'm not sure what to tell him I want/need.
I'm also unsure of what I need to do as far as a VSS signal to the ECM?
Is my truck an electronic or cable speedo?

Anyway, this is sort of where I'm stuck at.
Can any of you guys chime in and give me a bit of a boost?
Thanks
AJ

Welcome,crash would be a good person to talk to he has a 4.3 in his truck...also Darius should know about this also.Jason C. to...:awesomework:

I personally am not a big fan of 700r4's for offroad, at least when they are stock. I had a buddy burn one up just doing light wheeling with a stock 350. Other than that, sounds like a fun project.:awesomework:

Welcome,crash would be a good person to talk to he has a 4.3 in his truck...also Darius should know about this also.Jason C. to...:awesomework:
Yeah, I'm hoping he feels pity on me and posts up. I have alot of respect for his builds.

I personally am not a big fan of 700r4's for offroad, at least when they are stock. I had a buddy burn one up just doing light wheeling with a stock 350. Other than that, sounds like a fun project.:awesomework:

700's are fine if properly cared for. Heat is the enemy, and most stock rigs don't have proper cooling setups for offroad abuse.

So, I've been building a 4.3 for my 94 4cyl yota. I started with a 92 block with the balance shaft for smoothness, 96 heads, and the edelbrock Vortec intake. I have the TBI adapter to go on the intake and a TBI that was bored out to a 2" bore with 350 injectors. Dunno how well that combo will work, but I'm gonna give it a shot.
I have a 92 or 93 700R4 trans and just bought a 2" spacer that goes on the tail end of it that's supposed to make it look like the ass end of a TH350. I have AA's TH350 to Toy T-case adapter. Nice pretty pile of parts on the floor so far is all.
I went to the wrecking yard and pulled a wiring harness out of a 92 S10 Blazer that has the 16089571 ECM that should work.
I was going to have www.tbichips.com burn my chip for me, but I'm not sure what to tell him I want/need.
I'm also unsure of what I need to do as far as a VSS signal to the ECM?
Is my truck an electronic or cable speedo?

Anyway, this is sort of where I'm stuck at.
Can any of you guys chime in and give me a bit of a boost?
Thanks
AJ

ok.......

Are you going to un an egr? Knock sensor? I would make sure you give them the specs of your motor so they can get the fuel mapping correct--or close to it.

As for the speed sensor--your rig should be cable driven with a speed sensor in the speedo. I did one somular and I think it was a 93 or 94(can't remember). But what I did was hook the cable up and tie into the output of the speed sensor and fed that into the ecm. Now the only issue with that was the ratio from the toy stuff to the gm ecm was different(If you search for a 4.3 swap I did I am pretty sure I metioned that in the thread).

But I think I recall somebody(marlin) who used to make an adapter that was inline with the cable (at the t-case) that was the right ratio for the gm stuff...

EGR, I hadn't planned on, knock sensor, yes.
What reasons are there for using or not using those 2 things?
I wasn't gonna run the EGR to give it more power, and knock sensor to keep the timing in line.
Thanks for the heads up on it Crash, any input you give me is appreciated.
Are you talking about your build threads here, or at Pirate?

Also, is there anyway to adjust the toyota speedo's for different gears/tires, etc?
I found a company that makes little boxes that plug into the T-case,but they are spendy. $70 or so.

EGR, I hadn't planned on, knock sensor, yes.
What reasons are there for using or not using those 2 things?
I wasn't gonna run the EGR to give it more power, and knock sensor to keep the timing in line.
Thanks for the heads up on it Crash, any input you give me is appreciated.
Are you talking about your build threads here, or at Pirate?

Egr will help control pinging via lowing combustion chamber temp but I am not sure if your intake has a spot for the egr(not familure with the one you have). Knock sensor again will help with pinging but works in a different matter by backing timing off durrring a ping event(knock sensor detects pinging and sends signal to pcm). I think the build thread is here also (Sub's 4 runner)

Also, is there anyway to adjust the toyota speedo's for different gears/tires, etc?
I found a company that makes little boxes that plug into the T-case,but they are spendy. $70 or so.

That I don't know--but I believe there is (never researched it myself)

yeah, there is no provision for EGR on the edelbrock intake, so i kinda hafta not run it.
hmm.. time to do more digging. main PC crashed and tis netbook is a ain in the ass.

Beats a $124 or higher ticket....:awesomework: