• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

NW FAbworks BLACK BOX!

Boxxerace

Ok, I actually don't know anything more than what NWF's website says: http://northwestfab.com/blackbox.html

DSC02373.jpg

Who's running these things and what forseeable drawbacks does this unit have?

DSC02381.JPG

Some product Facts:

The Black Box Planetary gearbox is a gear reduction unit that fits between your existing transmission and transfer case. The Black Box can be shifted between 1:1 high range for highway duty and a deep 2.72:1 gear reduction when in low range.

Cost: The Total Black Box Kit Includes The Following:

1 Black Box Planetary Gear Unit 2.72:1 Ratio
1 Mounting Ring and Foot
1 Shifter Assembly (Cable)
12 Mounting Studs
2 Mounting Gaskets
Retail Price: $1599.00 USD

360 Degree Clocking
The Black Box Will allow you to rotate your transfer case 360 degrees. There is no limitations on orientation with the Black Box.

The Black Box is most directly compatible with domestic transmissions and transfer cases that share the common '6 bolt round' transfer case pattern. These applications will allow integration of the Black Box with few or no adaptors required. We also offer adaptors to mate to 'Figure 8' NP205's among others.

We Offer input spline counts of 21, 23, 27, 29, 31, and 32.

Two speed?

well here's the deal, if you get that your either going to have to get a shorter driveshaft, or stretch your wheelbase. Either way its more money your sinking into it. As for me I dont think I can go a much shorter driveshaft without problems. So stretching would be my option. Then you have to reconfigure your interior for the placement of the stick shift and the tranfers case shifter. Ahh to much of a PITA.. I'de just spend the extra do and get a good Stak.

That's what it looks like. Does a Klune have the same gear ratio?

Klunes are 2.72:1 or 4:1 and about the same price.
I would go Klune before this product for a couple reasons. First Klune has had many revisions over the years from the original product that was basically just a NP 231 planetary box. This proved to have some reliability issues and needed changes. My guess is this new box is what Klune started with. Second is in my experience Klune has the best customer service of any aftermarket 4WD parts company I have ever dealt with.:awesomework: