• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

***** Nww Ski Thread *****

Any of you ski Rainier in the spring? A little climb for about a 10,000ft. decent. If any of you have, I want details.

I have skied Muir. Basically, you walk / randonee for a while. Then you look up. Walk some more..... then look up. Walk some more...... look up. Nothing has changed.

Do that for a while and then for a little while longer and then a while longer after that. Then you'll get there. :)

Skiing was fun, although I hope you get a sunny day. If sunny, start early. :D

Going back to Crystal today! Cold, Sunny and some fresh snow!!!!

Didn't go yesterday as I had stuff to do in Seattle but our ski friends said that conditions were phenomenal. They left a lot of the fresh snow instead of grooming everything.

More snow expected starting Sunday. Next week looks great as well. Monday's President's day so I'll avoid it like the plague. I hate lines!

Looks like Tuesday's my only ski day next week as I have to go to Phoenix for a couple of days.

I have skied Muir. Basically, you walk / randonee for a while. Then you look up. Walk some more..... then look up. Walk some more...... look up. Nothing has changed.

Do that for a while and then for a little while longer and then a while longer after that. Then you'll get there. :)

Skiing was fun, although I hope you get a sunny day. If sunny, start early. :D

Soon as I heal up, I plan to attempt do a winter climb. Hiking down hurts me, so I thought I would ski instead.

I'm not healing as fast as I hoped, so it looks like it will be a spring climb and then ski down. My first turn since 1989 will be off of the top of Rainier...that should be cool:awesomework:

Hit snoqualmie yesterday, figured they would have gotten some decent snow since its been raining/snowing this week down here. Wrong.. Ice as usual and now im in pain! Gotta love icequalmie.

Hit snoqualmie yesterday, figured they would have gotten some decent snow since its been raining/snowing this week down here. Wrong.. Ice as usual and now im in pain! Gotta love icequalmie.

I remember those good old days. Snow blowing uphill... rather, Ice blowing up hill at 45 mph + whatever slow downhill speed you could manage.

Ahh yes. Good times.

Soooo, when are we going to get some kind of significant :eeek:precip?

Crystal today was still pretty nice. A little icy in spots but the groomed runs were great and they left some some spots along the sides.
North Country was apparently fantastic again today. I hope to head over they next week. I can't leave my wife with ALL the kids and I need to be able to take at least one with me.

The last few days at Crystal have been PHENOMENAL!!!!!

Over 7' of snow over the past few weeks. The last storm brought in cold, dry snow.

We got all my kids up on Campbell Basin today for a couple of runs. I spent most of the run picking up poles, getting kids turned around in the right direction so that they could get back up and finding skis...

No big falls, just a ski popping or falling back on their butts when tired. The powder was DEEP. It was easily up to my thighs in many places and about the hips on the kids...

They had a blast but were absolutely exhausted by the end of the second run.

It was supposed to be sunny and cold today but it snowed all day again.

more snow on the way! spent some days in Alpental BC last week. some places it was so deep i didn't know what to do with it, pretty stable too... got to drop some steep lines without much avalanche danger.

last friday we hiked [under fullish moon] out Nordic Pass to Olallie Meadow, stayed the night and woke to blue skys. At 8am the wind came up and it started to snow. we hiked old growth on the backside of MT Catherine all day. at the bottom of each run we found 3-6 inchs freash snow in our tracks. by 4pm there was 10-18 inches freash [on top of 2-3 feet in the two day prior]. pretty much bottomless, a good day.... couple pictures in no particular order

IMG_0748.jpg

IMG_0743.jpg

IMG_0735.jpg

Soon as I heal up, I plan to attempt do a winter climb. Hiking down hurts me, so I thought I would ski instead.

I'm not healing as fast as I hoped, so it looks like it will be a spring climb and then ski down. My first turn since 1989 will be off of the top of Rainier...that should be cool:awesomework:

Ever Ski St. Helens? Raineer is the goal, i drool every time i catch a view from Crystal. Just not sure if i'm ready yet, no way i've got a climbing partner up to the task... yet

St Helens Summer time near Ape Cave

IMG_0627.jpg

IMG_0610.jpg

I have skied from Muir on down and climbed Helens, but not skied it. I'd love to take my bike down the soft (dirt) on Helen's thou!

i *had* my bike with me on that run down to St Helens. Managed to put a 1" gash right down the center of my rear tire on the first morning there...

When does the road to Paradise open? Late May?

After a week of phenomenal weather and light fluffy powder at Crystal, spring has arrived.

Northway was still DEEP and dry but getting heavier.

Still absolutely great conditions for this time of year - probably some of the best ever.

Rumor has it that after the April 19th closure if the snowholds up, they're going to be able to open on weekends until the end of May.

OMG the snow was DEEP today!

Green Valley was need deep with light, fluffy snow. By the time we left it was still snowing pretty hard but I think that's about the end for this storm.

Even the green trails were DEEP. We came down Forest Queen, to Snow Garten on our final run. Snow Garten, which is normally just a flat, easy run, was a single track all the way down, about 2' deep in the snow.

The kids were snowballs all day LOL!

Tomorrow looks like it'll be great as well. It's not warming up but it's going to be sunny.

Can't wait!

up 47" of freshies!

Today conditions were schweet!!!!! I don't know how good tomorrow will be but we're going to give it a shot.

Check out this forecast!

Tonight: Snow. Low around 21. West southwest wind between 15 and 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 15 to 21 inches possible.

Thursday: Snow showers. High near 27. West wind between 14 and 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible.

Thursday Night: Snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 16. West northwest wind between 14 and 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.

Today conditions were schweet!!!!! I don't know how good tomorrow will be but we're going to give it a shot.

Check out this forecast!

Tonight: Snow. Low around 21. West southwest wind between 15 and 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 15 to 21 inches possible.

Thursday: Snow showers. High near 27. West wind between 14 and 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible.

Thursday Night: Snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 16. West northwest wind between 14 and 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.

Wow, Imagine if you wheeled as much as you ski :hi:

Skiing is 10x better than the best day wheeling. At least.

Wheeling is also awesome, but pales in comparision to a good day on the snow.

I used to work at 49 Degrees North and got paid to ski everyday, it was awesome, but now the knees and body are shot, so it's more fun to wheel. :D