• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

O.M. access.

Ty.

Isn't the O.M. private property? Isn't it true that the owner didn't care if people wheeled it? Isn't it true that the only thing keeping people out is the fact you need to pass thru a DNR area to get there? Isn't that road still passable without trailblazing? Doesn't the owner have legal access to his own land? Couldn't we at least get the Outlet Mall back?

Isn't the O.M. private property? Isn't it true that the owner didn't care if people wheeled it? Isn't it true that the only thing keeping people out is the fact you need to pass thru a DNR area to get there? Isn't that road still passable without trailblazing? Doesn't the owner have legal access to his own land? Couldn't we at least get the Outlet Mall back?

Menke didn't care as long as DNR didn't care. They care a little more now because they spent a lot of money to fix the road damage caused by us. But I've pondered just how much money they spent, and if there could be a way we could pay Menke for access.

As long as you stay on a logging road the whole way up there, whats the worst the DNR could really get you for? Shouldn't we at least have the right to pass thru DNR land on an established road?

unfortunately thats not how the law is written. Currently, DNR has gated off (closed) access to that logging road. Its illegal for anyone without authorized access to use it. However, if you were to get a key from Menke, you could use the road legally.

I wonder... has anyone approached Menke about limited, key based, use up there? Its (key access) been successful in other areas and other sports.

You guys are a couple years late...."we" already tried.

The short answer is NO....PERIOD. Manke wants nothing to do with ORV's on that piece of property. They won't sell it,lease it blah blah blah.

Maybe Binder or Dirk will add more info but thats the bottom line.

You guys are a couple years late...."we" already tried.

The short answer is NO....PERIOD. Manke wants nothing to do with ORV's on that piece of property. They won't sell it,lease it blah blah blah.

Maybe Binder or Dirk will add more info but thats the bottom line.

Mauler is right. Back in the day Manke had no issue with us there but this has changed. The gate is locked and you have to cross a small amount of DNR property to get to Manke proerty.
Aint happening unless you had BIG $ to try and get Manke to sell the property. They currently don't want to sell.:booo:

The OM is not for 4x4 users, and will never be again. It's for bouldering. (bouldering is a very technical side of rock climbing) It was their land before we came and it's their land again.

I think it's time to finally say goodbye forever to the OM.

I wonder... has anyone approached Menke about limited, key based, use up there? Its (key access) been successful in other areas and other sports.

Yes...I spoke to Joel Manke last April. As soon as I told him what type of use I was interested in, he completely shut me down. They have no interest in motorized anything on that property.

Joel did say that we are all welcome to access the property on foot :haha:

Who is John Mcbride?? I got his # Maybe I should post it.

I know some of you guys have pursued this already, but persistance might pay off. Although in this case I gather that it is doubtfull.

It would at least be nice to get a dollar figure, after all this is America, and nearly everything has a price tag.

Yes:awesomework:I think the boulder'ers have actual permission to access and use the property for bouldering.

Pretty:cool:if you ask me.

....but they have to actually walk all the way in now...in the old days, they used to be able to drive up like we did :D

....but they have to actually walk all the way in now...in the old days, they used to be able to drive up like we did :D

Most boulder'ers are 20-something guys......they'll live.:redneck: ****, I hike for hours sometimes just for a nice long climb. It's a part of the adventure and fun!:cheer:

OM = Dead:hi:

Glad I got to run it aleast a couple of times.
Yep, your one of the fortunate few.:awesomework: I've seen vids of you, and others up there, as well as seen some of you guys in person up there.
It's nice to dream. Dreaming keeps me sane. Reality is a bummer.

Visiting that place sealed the deal in my mind to build a buggy. I finally have a buggy project, so till I get it finished there will be a lot of dreaming. I know there are other area's, but you know how it is. -the fish that got away, forbiden fruit, grass on the other side of the fence etc.