• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

o2 censors

yodaboy4life

so i have read up on about the o2 cencer and i was wonderin if anyone with as people have called it a 3.slow (3.0) v6 toyota has anyone had a probel with them and needed to change it to help with the fuel and performance it has 208k and as far as i know i have not changed it but we have only had it for 6 or 7 years and we have not changed it over the time should i check it and change it ? thanks for any help every one

:haha: :haha: thats what my mom always says if i cant find any info on it thats probley what ill do not even worry about it im just going though the list of ideas that could be effectin my gas milage

Toyota o2's do not fail very often.

You can hook a lab scope to the signal wire at the test box in the engine compartment and look at the pattern to see if it in fact bad.

GaryTJ said:
Toyota o2's do not fail very often.

You can hook a lab scope to the signal wire at the test box in the engine compartment and look at the pattern to see if it in fact bad.

ill try to figer out how to do that i might sound like a dunmb a$$ asking this but is this the same thing as a diagnostics test? is there any way i can find a write up to this procudure??

A writeup does no good without a lab scope to look at the pattern.

You can do a basic test to see if it is responding by hooking a voltmeter to the o2 signal, (look in the diagnostic box. I believe the upper left pin) and induce a vacuum leak. The voltage should drop to under .2 volt. then induce fuel, causing a rich condition and the volts should be .8-.9.
If that happens the o2 is working.