• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

O2 cylinder

RZRS

I recently came across an oxygen cylinder like you seen in hospitals, it's roughly around 28 or so inches long. My question is has anyone on here ever converted one of these o2 cylinders to a co2 tank set up like a power tank? I like the small diameter of this tank so it could be easily mounted on the rear fender of my jeep next to the rear seat.

X2. Most gas places don't fill tanks, they exchange them. Even if they fill them on site I doubt they would fill a tank with a different kind of gas.

I'm pretty good friends with my gas rep at my work, I was going to talk to him about filling it for me when I see him on Monday. Has anybody ever tried to convert on of these cylinders I'm just trying to figure out what kind of regulator I would need.

A lot of times you can exchange one type of cylinder for another of the same size (ie exchange a Argon cylinder for a CO2 cylinder)

I read a few posts over on pirate that people have been successful with having the local welding shop swap their tanks. If you can get it filled you would need a C02 regulator which used a different thread than 02. I also read that one guy took one to a fire extinguisher shop and had the valve on an 02 tank changed out to a c02, and they filled it for him. So i'd try getting a shop to swap tanks, or maybe check out the local fire extinguisher service shop.

I have on of those hospital o2 cylinders. I am friends with the guys at my local welding store. I had them change the valve and fill it with nitrogen just so I had a small tank to leave in the trailer on wheeling trips