• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Odd end LS questions

nhl_bullitt

Southern IL/MO
This is how my old school SBC is mounted. I've heard I can utilize this to bolt an LS to as well with the proper mounts. Any truth to that? Will it cause it to sit at a completely different height than my current one rendering the transmission mount and transfer case mount useless?

Also, will this PSC steering pump I currently use on the 350 work on an LS? I doubt it.

PSC Motorsports 80 & Newer Hi Performance P-Series Pump with Remote Can -6 AN - PSC-SP1405X

p-673.jpg

Thanks for any advice. Just weighing options before I dump money into this one. It will be roughly $2000.00 in parts if I keep my old school set up. I owned LS1 cars for 5 years so I definitely appreciate the power.

Re:

My 6.0 bolted right into my old mounts with adapter plates. Just had to machine out the flexplate holes to bolt the 700 up to it. I'm just running the stock LS truck pump and pulled the drilled out fittings out of SBC ps pump and it works great. This pump had the built in reservoir so I didn't think it would work but read about other dudes doing it so I tried it and it works great on my TG ram.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Thanks for the quick responses!

What do you guys do about intakes? Not sure about 6.0s, but the 5.3 intakes are 8ft tall. Run an LS1 intake or aftermarket one?

nhl_bullitt said:
Thanks for the quick responses!

What do you guys do about intakes? Not sure about 6.0s, but the 5.3 intakes are 8ft tall. Run an LS1 intake or aftermarket one?

The truck intake isn't really any taller than a standard carburetor style round filter, it just looks like a big ol plastic football up there.

From everything I have read there is not a benefit to swapping from the truck intake unless needed power at really high rpms and looks. I plan on putting money towards cam, pistons, throttle body before an intake.

Re: Re: Odd end LS questions

RustyC said:
From everything I have read there is not a benefit to swapping from the truck intake unless needed power at really high rpms and looks. I plan on putting money towards cam, pistons, throttle body before an intake.
Sounds like a good idea to me if you've spent the money on your drive train to hold all that power first!!! Woooopoooow!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I run a TBSS (trailblazer super sport) intake, 42lb marine injectors, stiffer valve springs, a Nick Williams 92mm TB, and a fat tune specific for this setup from Josh at team208motorsports. All stock everything else. Runs awesome.