• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Official Elbe Hills Complaint Thread

Personally I think the busy should be only one way. There are very few sections on that trail that allow vehicle to pass without requiring vehicles to go off the trail. I think seasonal or annual rotation of the direction would be good for the trail actually vs always running it in the same direction.

I like the idea of having it a two way trail in the summer months, it was the way for 20 something years. And I'm the sure the guys that built the trails (small tire Jeeps) wouldn't drive off the trail to go around someone stuck:stirpot:

I like the idea of having it a two way trail in the summer months, it was the way for 20 something years. And I'm the sure the guys that built the trails (small tire Jeeps) wouldn't drive off the trail to go around someone stuck:stirpot:

YES X 2:awesomework:

Is there an option for a charge to wheel at Elbe maybe $10 a rig or something that could go towards trail maintanence and helping the bridges etc. I have wheeled in a lot of different areas i know back East like in TN. and AR etc they charge at all of the parks and still many people come to wheel i would be more than happy to pay a little to know i have a place to wheel and still feel like im trying to help take care of the trails? This thought could go on with all of the places around here like Reiter??

Is there an option for a charge to wheel at Elbe maybe $10 a rig or something that could go towards trail maintanence and helping the bridges etc. I have wheeled in a lot of different areas i know back East like in TN. and AR etc they charge at all of the parks and still many people come to wheel i would be more than happy to pay a little to know i have a place to wheel and still feel like im trying to help take care of the trails? This thought could go on with all of the places around here like Reiter??

Nope, if they charge money to use the area, then they have to take on a responsibility/liability that they don't want...

I think it would be good public relations to have a trail dedicated for stock rigs with stock tires and inexperienced drivers to use. I believe there are folks interested in the sport, but not interested in getting stuck or the family suv/crossover/pickup getting body damage. These folks would most likely not have winches or know how to use one. Having a trail that could be negotiated with their stock rig could plant the seed to build their own off road vehicle, understand folks like us, or see the fun in the sport rather than complain about the unknown. In my opinion, the trails and the fun of the sport are largely hidden from the public that has never been on the trails. Not really a complaint, just my suggestion, thanks!

I think it would be good public relations to have a trail dedicated for stock rigs with stock tires and inexperienced drivers to use. I believe there are folks interested in the sport, but not interested in getting stuck or the family suv/crossover/pickup getting body damage. These folks would most likely not have winches or know how to use one. Having a trail that could be negotiated with their stock rig could plant the seed to build their own off road vehicle, understand folks like us, or see the fun in the sport rather than complain about the unknown. In my opinion, the trails and the fun of the sport are largely hidden from the public that has never been on the trails. Not really a complaint, just my suggestion, thanks!

There are trails at elbe for that crowd.

Anywho, Elbe kicks ass, change nothing. Maybe a sign for the busy letting folks know how bad it is.

When I was there last time (may) there were a few sammys on 31's running all the bypasses while my group winched through the main lines. So yes, they can say they "ran the busywild" :haha:

winching is a last option for me... Id rather sink my sami then go around.... But i also have 2 rigs worth of spare parts :haha:

Latest posts