• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

OH MY!!! CRAWL mag's new buggy (spy pics)

cmoore1

Had a visit from the CRAWL guys just a little bit ago. John and Larry stopped by on their way home from SLC with their new buggy. OH MY GAWD is this thing a beast. Rear v8 powered (John said 425 hp) custom stainless buggy with all the trimmings. They ran through the specs with me, but I was in such awe I've forgotten most of the details. It'll be at the moonshiners swap meet tomorrow and EJS in a few weeks, I can't wait to see this thing in action.

IMG_0667.jpg

IMG_0664.jpg

IMG_0660.jpg

IMG_0663.jpg

another spy pic from last night's final assembly.
crawl2-1.jpg

Sick sky rig. Was looking for it at KOH..perfection takes time. Now dont scratch that tube guys.

Obviously, it's a beautiful buggy. But it's got some odd characteristics (by the few pictures shown). The guages on the passanger side look like they're pointed down? The fiberglass skin is just stoopid. First rollover all that gorgeousness will be smashed. The exhaust looks like it is way close to the driver (and passangers) heads, so it'll be wicked noisy, plus the exhaust is right next to the intake. Why? So you can reburn the exhaust again? I'd rather have the intake cold, and fresh.

This looks at first glance like a show rig, not a race rig or a wheelin' rig.

Of course, I'm an idiot and don't have a clue. So come to your own conclusions.

Also, this is just a couple of spy pics, and my visual comprehension is poor.

Obviously, it's a beautiful buggy. But it's got some odd characteristics (by the few pictures shown). The guages on the passanger side look like they're pointed down? The fiberglass skin is just stoopid. First rollover all that gorgeousness will be smashed. The exhaust looks like it is way close to the driver (and passangers) heads, so it'll be wicked noisy, plus the exhaust is right next to the intake. Why? So you can reburn the exhaust again? I'd rather have the intake cold, and fresh.

This looks at first glance like a show rig, not a race rig or a wheelin' rig.

Of course, I'm an idiot and don't have a clue. So come to your own conclusions.

Also, this is just a couple of spy pics, and my visual comprehension is poor.

Those are some very good points T. But I'm sure this thing will see more cameras then trails.

The exhaust should of been routed down out the back somehow. I wonder if its going to have any heat issue's??

Still its a very nice looking rig.

This a more a show piece of parts and Sky's work than a really wheeling buggy. It was built to showcase parts from vendors, and the builder for a time period and is a great marketing tool.

From what I gather, it will see the show circuit, be where it needs to be for a period of time. Then it will go back to Sky's and the chassis will be swapped over for a DOM version and then get the crap wheeled out of it.