• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Oh!! Some 4340 for my b-day!!!

caddyman99

So my second trip of just messing around really found the weak spot on the
d30.....even though they are 297x joints.
Spit a cap, and ff'ed the axel up. So i figured I'd polish the turd:looser: rather than spend big $$$$$$ on a d44 swap.
Close to my b-day anyway.............YAY, happy b-day to me!
Picture003.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Man the super joints are IMPRESSIVE! :flipoff:

Yea happybirth day! that will make a nice gift! But I have broken a few of those...

NICE!!! That,s what B-days are all about,ME,ME,ME(or is that you,you,you)

I HIGHLY reccomend you welding those u-joints in. D30 shafts are notorious for either spitting caps, or breaking at the ears. Regardless of metal alloy. Welding the caps in makes both those problems a little less problematic.

Happy B-day :beer:

Now have a few more :beer: :beer: :beer:

...cause it will help you feel better about your turd polishing :fawkdancesmiley:

if your going to weld caps in make sure that that doesn't void the warrenty since if those are yukons they should have a five year warrenty, and those are the super joints right.

if your going to weld caps in make sure that that doesn't void the warrenty since if those are yukons they should have a five year warrenty, and those are the super joints right.

Yeah, they are super joints. No chance of spitting a cap, as they use a c-clip design.
And that would void the **** outa the warranty.

with 33's, or even if he goes to 35's these axles should hold up fine. I did not have a problem with my dana 30 until I went to 38's.

Have fun, play hard.

Did this, this past weekend with RubyDoo, which has dana 44 axles with cromolly AlloyUSA front axle shafts.

DSC00392.jpg

wow that was a pretty clean break how long have you wheeled with those USA's? so does bobby make d44 shafts for broncos as well???

Those yukons reccomended for street use? i thought the u joints with brass bushings werent meant for highway use.

they have two different u joints. one has the brass and the other is like all the rest.

Last edited: