• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Oh!! Some 4340 for my b-day!!!

me too. a friend finally got around to installing his Yukon axles the other day, drove it from my shop home, then today went to a friends party, and drove home... well on the way, he stopped at a friends house. actually he accidently passed his driveway by a couple of feet, so he stuck it in reverse... BANG!
she twisted the whole splines off the axle, it's a very clean break directly before the splines.
zale11.jpg

two days.........that's all they lasted.
:haha:Superjoints ?:haha:

Those are not full float shafts genius.
what, uve never heard of FF c-clips axles?
where u been?:haha:

ya, and they are CHEAP..
only 70 bucks for a stub. thats really cheap.

They will work, I just posted that so dude can see that his shafts are not 4340.

me too. a friend finally got around to installing his Yukon axles the other day, drove it from my shop home, then today went to a friends party, and drove home... well on the way, he stopped at a friends house. actually he accidently passed his driveway by a couple of feet, so he stuck it in reverse... BANG!
she twisted the whole splines off the axle, it's a very clean break directly before the splines.

two days.........that's all they lasted.
:haha:Superjoints ?:haha:

Was it a D35? Cause if it was, that's all a d35 is good for... nothing.

The problem we are having is that the photo you show is a C-clip axle. Full floating axles don't use a c-clip, it's not needed. They look like the axles in page 13 of this catalog: http://www.warn.com/corporate/images/656/2005_Warn_Jeep_Product_Catalog.pdf Yes, the Warn full floaters are 4340. Of course, why anyone would spend that kind of money on a D35 is also beyond our comprehension.

Experts, no. Why would anyone start their day by tying their neck in a noose? However, if that's you in the avatar, my youngest daughter is older than you are. Lose the attitude.