• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ohh Ok. My axle wants to play games?...

kushKrawlin

So I'm riding yesterday and I Break my front driveshaft on a badass stupid binding bullshit rock I'll never drive on again , on Hells revenge .. So I get back to my Reagan get my spare driveshaft .. When I go to install it we realize that the Pinion is about a foot too low , :****: I don't know maybe I'm exaggerating , but it nowhere near close enough for me to attach driveshaft .. So here's my thinking.. I have The parts to four link the front.. I have wanted a DE cylinder for a wile, just never thought much bout really committing to rebuilding the front .. But I'm thinking I totally have no Fukin problem after seeing one of my steering arms looking at the sky , and the other looking like it should. What happened is the long side plugs in the chunk **** out I guess and seeing as how that is where the third link is it didn't budge and the chunk and short side spun.. Way the hell down... i haven't even read much yet about Setting up before link for the front, I'm sure it won't be bad.. But my **** works good now.. I love it .. Yall think I'm retarded for even considering "tryin to fix something that's not broke" by four linking the front or should I just truss the dam axle and weld the tubes and **** and be done? I would love to have the 4 link front and DE steering.. But that LS needs to come before upgrading other ****.. I know a truss is kinda a important thing.. So I'm def gonna do that. That bullshit can't be happening again. Trey at Choco is the dam man BTW Thanks for any input. I'm tired as **** and :smoke: so I hope this made sense .. If not I will translate in the morning .. Over and out thanks again fellas

I was going to mention trussing the thing out, but I was in the truck and I don't text and drive if I can help it. Build the truss with the thoughts of adding the 4th link, even if you never get around to it. You've wheeled it pretty hard and only had this issue after 2 years....fixed, plus truss, should equal 3 years of pinion in the right place riding. In 2.95 years, 4 link it :flipoff1:

Truss it and wheel. Oh yea, weld the other axle tube. I don't think you can add a fourth link without putting a carrier bearing in the front drive shaft to dog leg it to clear the corner of the transmission pan. More to it than just throwing a bar on it. That bar and your drive shaft are going to want the same space at some point in the suspension range.

If your happy with the performance fix it and use the time and effort it would take to change it toward something the your not happy with. ( maybe exhaust work or seatbelt mounts :flipoff1: )

Oh god. Scratch that. Carrier bearing and that mess ain't happening anytime in the near future.. Good point. Ok. Got some things to figure out. Thanks. God I'm glad u mentioned that. Eddy I did some exhaust work this weekend. One of my c clamps was found by John G and I re installed it. Haha.. One day. One day. I'm gonna get a pro to do my new exhaust when the new motor goes in. The pro that did my current exhaust retired. Haha

Bring to down to columbus. Jimmy at columbus exhaust will fix it. He has built several rigs from the ground up.

I spun a long side tube, we welded it at the park and wheeled it (til I blew the motor up the next day, lol) when I got home I trussed it, did DE full hydro and haven't looked back! (and replaced the motor :-\) Was great upgrades for me...
Edited to add: I kept my 3 link setup in front when I trussed and went to DE ram... Works good enough for what I do with it!

Definitely just get it back in the right place and weld it all up a truss will help also! Glad it didn't break your airshock when the axle twisted!

JohnG said:
I don't think you can add a fourth link without putting a carrier bearing in the front drive shaft to dog leg it to clear the corner of the transmission pan. More to it than just throwing a bar on it. That bar and your drive shaft are going to want the same space at some point in the suspension range.

That's what errbody said about 4 linking my yota too! ;D

12039380_574132992735305_8974375413757044142_n.jpg

1891075_574133236068614_4587681626310186390_n.jpg

molaugh

Re: Ohh Ok. My axle wants to play games?...

Arent ya suppose to weld the tubes to the center section from the get go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Ohh Ok. My axle wants to play games?...

Zjman said:
Arent ya suppose to weld the tubes to the center section from the get go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha if you don't you can always wait till a tube spins! molaugh :stir:

Lmao mine did the same thing in Harlan 2 rides ago. We stuffed all kinds of **** in the lower link bar mounts to keep it from twisting down farther and kept riding!

Just get it back straight and weld that piece up! It'll be fine - them factory plug welds ain't bout ****.

I still gotta truss mine but it's gonna be a MF'r to do. Too much **** crammed under the front end.

Glad some of you enjoyed that. Hhaha dicks. And adam, was not far at all from ****ing them up !! I felt a tear coming up but Held it bAck, didn't wanna get laughed at even more. Hahaha :flipoff1:
Hells revenge can kiss my ass ..
Hey but playground is where it's at!