• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

oil pressure questions

Jay1

I have a 96 dodge pickup with a 360 and the oil pressure dosent stay in one spot it will bounce around from 0 to 50 on the gauge. This is will driving same speed or stoping and starting. Some times it will stay at o and not move for 10 seconds. It is full on the dip stick for oil. Could it be the oil pump or something else? The oil pressure shouldent be at 0 will the engine is running.

I have a 96 dodge pickup with a 360 and the oil pressure dosent stay in one spot it will bounce around from 0 to 50 on the gauge. This is will driving same speed or stoping and starting. Some times it will stay at o and not move for 10 seconds. It is full on the dip stick for oil. Could it be the oil pump or something else? The oil pressure shouldent be at 0 will the engine is running.

Chevs had that same problem---faulty sender...

Factoy gauge it been like that since my dad bought the truck a few years ago havent figured out why yet.

Sounds like a sender to me as well, I know the R/T 360 was having issues with the pump going out, and that caused the guage to do that as well, but it would only do it for a month or so before the crank ate the bearings.