• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

oil pressure

kennyWayne

wideopendesign wideopenlife bigblock trailrig
hate to sound like a dumb ass ,but i have a 454 that droped oil pressure took it apart an cant find anything wrong ,bearings new cam bearings new had 60 psi rode twice and droped to 20 . thought somthing might be stoped up so took it all the way apart and blew through all oil gallerys and crank journals everthing seems to be fine.thought maybe someone else might have had this problem before :dunno: ???

Do you have oil in the motor? Is it Wesson or Crisco? Does it smell like fench fries? If so, you might want to change it. :flipoff1:

What guage are you running? Is it mechanical or electrical? might have a plugged line if it's mechanical. Does it sound like the valves are bangin, if not, it's probably in the guage. :dunno:

any chance the check valve on the oil filter didnt go bad and block off? Try a new filter. What about the oil pump, new used?

I'm betting gauge also, sending units will cause big headaches, or at least they have me

If the engine has hydraulic lifters and they didn't start raisin' hell, you probably had a gauge problem. If you have that bell shaped sender for the oil pressure gauge, that's probably your culprit, they suck bag! Run a mechanical gauge from the port up by the distributor, that's the last place to oil so it will be the first place to lose pressure. I run a mechanical gauge and a pressure switch so I get a big ol red lite up in front of my face if it loses pressure.

thaks guys ive bout decided its the gauge to ,and greg that **** is funny molaugh ,im going to stick er together an get the oil pressure up before i stick er back in ,its a new motor gona try to make t g w end of month .