• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

'Old' Reiter -- the last weekend

So is reiter blocked off by thousands of jersey barriers? Have they trenched the road? Posted guards? Posted Signs?! Can you drive the gravel access roads? Can we hike there? Can we park at the lot? Can we ride bikecycles there? What?!:corn:

So is reiter blocked off by thousands of jersey barriers? Have they trenched the road?

This question is worthless without PICS!!!!!

Posted guards? Posted Signs?!
Guards? sorta. Signs? definitely

Can you drive the gravel access roads?
Nope. Or at least the plan is to gate them off

Can we hike there?
Yup!

Can we park at the lot?
Dunno. Crash?

Can we ride bikecycles there?
Nope. or can you ride a horse there

What?!:corn:
Chicken Butt!! :flipoff:

Can we hike there? Can we park at the lot? Can we ride bikecycles there? What?!:corn:

I am also VERY interested to see the stages of closure. I've only heard what they can and can't do, as far as actual barriers and logistics/location of blockades.

One thing......I can only imagine they'd have to sweep the area for vehicles, hazards, people, general condition. And what about the still necessary access for the logging machinery up Deer Flats? That access would have to be a gate of some sort.

Are "they" sure the only access plaine is from the south side? Reiter Rd.

Last edited:
Mark said at the meeting that bicycles would be alowed during the closure. Also the west end of the first lot is private property so if you want to park there you would need to ask the property owners.

I remember when I heard that and I thought it was strange being that non motorized usually means no bikes also. I could have misunderstood I guess.

I live at the gated community on reiter road. I have been going up to the parking lot and the logging road entrance yesterday and again today. Yesterday i saw the new signs, and saw a guy running a dump truck out of the first gate and thought i could hear the track hoe that was parked on sunday workin in the trees. Today i went again and saw the security guard/cop at the parking lot in a red pickup. I am very interested how they will handle the people that show up and what kind of security prescence. I really hope we can get this restoration/construction finished fast, the pit is way too close for me! Steve