• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Old school yj opions?

stump jumper

350TBI, TURBO 400, 60/14/, 205/BLACKBOX, ON 42'S
I just recently bought a yj with a tbi 350, 4speed, 205, and cucv tons. The jeep had 35 claws on 16inch aluminum wheels. The suspension is 4 inch mid 80's chevrolet springs in front and j20 springs in the back. It also has a two inch body lift. The goal of the jeep is to keep it super simple and street able. I was thinking some were in the neighbor hood of 39's. Does any body have any leaf spring suggestions and or tire and wheel advice. I do have a rci fuel cell on the way and currently have some 37x12.50r17 km1's and 42x14x16.5 iroks. I would also like it as low as possible.
Thanks for any help

Where's abennet at. His yj sits on 40's, rides low and goes like a mountain goat. I believe he's on stock springs and that he just moved then fwd.

Here's mine on 40's. The front springs are rear YJ's with a XJ military wrapped around the fixed end SOA. Rancho 44044's in the back SUA. I want to lift the back up one more inch, but it rides really well with this setup.

Guys thanks for all the feed back this is the type of info I need. What about tires is the 42's too much and is the 37's too little????

Wide open design built this one flashemifyougotem

Attachments

• Pictures 001.jpg
    Pictures 001.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 296
stump jumper said:
Guys thanks for all the feed back this is the type of info I need. What about tires is the 42's too much and is the 37's too little????

Those on mine are 42's. Once I get rid of the shackle reversal I think it should be sitting about right

Decided to run my 42's. Carried it out last Saturday and the jeep handled them great except for the 30 spline stub I grenaded. Lol. Got some Yukon hardcore lock outs along with 35 spline chromo shafts on the way!! :)

stump jumper said:
Decided to run my 42's. Carried it out last Saturday and the jeep handled them great except for the 30 spline stub I grenaded. Lol. Got some Yukon hardcore lock outs along with 35 spline chromo shafts on the way!! :)

Hopefully I'll have mine done in the next couple weeks and can get out there with yall

When I was running leafs, I ran the rancho rs44044 spings on the front, I believe they are the 2.5 lift for a waggy, they did great for several years.

Re: Re: Old school yj opions?

ejytu4yh.jpg

Here is my yj. Has flipped xj rears with a custom mil wrapped second leaf, and the fronts I believe are off an 80's chevy truck. They were on it when I got it. The xj's flex unbelievably but you WILL have to run a traction bar with em. Same for dodge Dakotas. The xj's are 6" stretch in rear and the dakotas are 10". And im on 38.5" tsl now but planning to go to a 40-42 soon

I think the perfect combo would be the xj's in the rear like mine, but with flipped wagoneer springs up front

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I know where you got this from. You got it from Ernie at a steal!!!

On mine I moved the rear end back 3" and the front forward 3". Chevy leafs front and rear. Pretty stiff and low.
On 40s handled great and launched up hills great. And drive it as my DD for awhile.

Yep I got it from Ernie. Got to say it has been one of my favorite jeeps I have owned. I orderd some new 16.5 trail worthies for the 42's today since mine had a slight woble and the street is a must for this jeep.