• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

on board welder?

Pressurizing the fuel tank isn't going to work unless you plug the return system.

The return line dumps into the same tank that Im pressurizing. The fuel pressure regulator will have the same pressure on both sides of it.

The fuel pressure regulator will no longer work with a pressurized tank. If you put 100 psi in a 40 psi system the regulator cant dump it cuz the tank is the same pressure. But my toyota seems to run fine with the regulator set at 45 psi.

I killed a fuel pump at Elbe this weekend and I ran it last night with no pump at all and just my on board air.

Welders are handy when a main leaf spring snaps at the center pin hole...works well enough to get the spring welded back together and welded to the ubolt plate to drive it out...not all breakage is due to shoddy workmanship b-rad.:awesomework: .

Sorry Kev, I broke a main leaf in a front spring earlier this year, didnt need a welder.

Good thing I thought ahead and built my rig with military wrap main leafs. :;

Wheeled the rest of the day on that broke leaf. Second wrap leaf held fine ALL day.

Also one thing to be carefull with is most of your fuel tanks out there will expand and peel the welded seams loose if you reach too much pressure.

Yes sir. I DO NOT recommend this for any rigs other than mine. I have a nice pressure friendly Keg tank that will handle 50 psi easily.

A cell or tank would have **** the bed at that pressure.

The return line dumps into the same tank that Im pressurizing. The fuel pressure regulator will have the same pressure on both sides of it.

The fuel pressure regulator will no longer work with a pressurized tank. If you put 100 psi in a 40 psi system the regulator cant dump it cuz the tank is the same pressure. But my toyota seems to run fine with the regulator set at 45 psi.

I killed a fuel pump at Elbe this weekend and I ran it last night with no pump at all and just my on board air.

Your right I was thinking of a different theory as long as the injectors reach X amount of pressure it won't matter if its on the pressure/return line.

But what you might possibly encounter on a very hot day is vapor lock. But thats why I carry an old piston pump that will get me off the trail.

Sorry Kev, I broke a main leaf in a front spring earlier this year, didnt need a welder.

Good thing I thought ahead and built my rig with military wrap main leafs. :;

Wheeled the rest of the day on that broke leaf. Second wrap leaf held fine ALL day.

Wasn't my rig...but thanks for the tip...:; On mine??? when I broke my main leaf---I didn't realize it for almost a 1/2 mile on the trail!:haha: I just took it easy getting out-drove it the whole way out to the trailer with the broken leaf lodged against the frame....:redneck:

I've never had to weld on my own rig out in the field(yet)it's always some one else.It's nice having a mobile fab shop out in the woods.

If any of you find a first Gen Ready Welder, in a pawn shop, in Whatcom or Skagit county.....it's probably mine. Stolen outa my truck at Walker a month ago or so. It has a leather hood with flip up glass(aka..The Gimp mask) so gloves etc.

Works well.....enjoy it:rolleyes:

Having a welder accessable on the trail or at the tow rigs is invaluable

If any of you find a first Gen Ready Welder, in a pawn shop, in Whatcom or Skagit county.....it's probably mine. Stolen outa my truck at Walker a month ago or so. It has a leather hood with flip up glass(aka..The Gimp mask) so gloves etc.

Works well.....enjoy it:rolleyes:

Having a welder accessable on the trail or at the tow rigs is invaluable

No ****--sorry to hear jeff and that hood rocked....

Was up wheeling at Evans a few years back , a buddy had his radius arm break in half. He hooked up a few bateries and stick welded it back together. Got back to trailer and went for a few more weekends prior to replacing it.

I was really liking my welder at Rimrock this past weekend. I broke a rear mainleaf and we were able to weld it back together and drive it out :cheer: