• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

One ARB...

LiftedZuki

ARB front and a spooled rear
ARB rear and a grizzly front

Plans on going to Fairbanks, so thinking ARB rear for gravel roads (2wd will be like its open/open)
But I DD a spooled rear rig and didnt bother me at all besides wearing out tires and it bucking with soft swampers on hot asphalt, gravel and ice/snow it didnt bother me at all, it got the most traction than any rig I've ever been in on ice.

I have run the ARB front setup in my SJ and now in the White Rabbit Tracker. Works fine as long as you keep your tires small enough. When I borrowed the 37's for my SJ there was just to much jumping around when going around a corner on pavement.

Not that I wouldn't mind running Dual ARB's but the spool is cheaper. If it was for a DD I would probably buck up for both.

I already got an arb (400 with new 4;10s in a 3rd)

And yes its genuine one not Chinese :)

Ill look at the zips. Wonder if they run at the same psi as arb

ARB rear and grizzly front. A spool in the rear is a pain on a DD. Can you do the grizzly in the rear and ARB the front?

Not a dd, hell i hope i can get it licensed in ak.

Here the people i go through donr care, my bros sami is 76" wide, no flares and we drive it around sometimes. I just want a plate for forest servuce roads

Will get on it :D

Probably won't be til end of March til I order a grizzly though.

Would love to find a used v6 grizzy locked 4:10 third to pop in the fj80 axle.

Why does everyone vote ARB and not Zip when it comes to air lockers, when the Grizzly from Yukon seems to be all the rage? Just curious, as I have set up a few Zips now and they have been flawless...in fact soon to be setting up another for a D60....

Tried and true? Aren't zips new like 2012?

I got an arb for cheaper than any full carrier locker i could get.

Maybe they're newish for a D60, but for a D44 they have been around for at least a couple, if not 3 yrs or more...Toyota has also been around I believe...
What'd you pay for your ARB? And was it new?

Last edited:
400, genuine, new 4 10s, in a 3rd.

All looks good, im gonna tighten backlash to like 7thou tho and run a pattern.

If seals arent $ i wouldnt mind replacing now either