• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

one more problem with 22re

twiztedsnoborder

so i was told to take out my back seats and check the fuel pump. i jump wired the pump straight to my battery to see if it works and the pump works fine. where might you guys think the wireing problem would be? Or is it best to hardwire a switch into the cab? i also checked all the fuses in my fuse box under the dash and all were good.

I think your issue is in the circuit opning relay above the passenger side kick panel.

yea i was looking online and thats the main problem they talk about also. i am about to go outside and hardwire it to see if it by passes it or not. Online said that doing this will tell me if its a bad relay or bad wiring.

so i just tested it and it works. all i need to do is figure out where the relays are located? does anyone know where they are located?

On a second gen runner you pull the glove box out and look behind and above the speaker and you'll see the big black relay. It is on a metal bracket that is bolted to the side but it will come off the bracket if you wiggle it just right. :D

I think a first gen runner is the same but I'm probably wrong. :redneck:

What's the problem? Starts but doesn't stay running? Take off the black, plastic cover on the airflow meter.....there is a rheostat. Check to see if the wiper may have "jumped" over the stopper pin.... The rheostat operates the fuel pump and moves accordingly to incoming airflow.
Either that or the surface that the wiper makes contact with is corroded.....from sitting around. May just need cleaned.:awesomework:

Last edited:
What's the problem? Starts but doesn't stay running? Take off the black, plastic cover on the airflow meter.....there is a rheostat. Check to see if the wiper may have "jumped" over the stopper pin.... The rheostat operates the fuel pump and moves accordingly to incoming airflow.
Either that or the surface that the wiper makes contact with is corroded.....from sitting around. May just need cleaned.:awesomework:

i did the test i read about online and every worked with i overrided the relay. I found out its just the relay gone bad