• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

open on weekends

Is this wise?? Considering there is only 2000' or so of 4x4 trail. Definitely not a "destination" as of yet, other than to go up and see some old friends.

I guess it will be a good test of how well built and "sustainable" this new "engineered" Reiter is..... I hope the hard work is not lost.

Is this wise?? Considering there is only 2000' or so of 4x4 trail. Definitely not a "destination" as of yet, other than to go up and see some old friends.

I guess it will be a good test of how well built and "sustainable" this new "engineered" Reiter is..... I hope the hard work is not lost.

Gotta loosen the reigns eventually..... I'm sure it will still be fairly heavenly monitored. What I'm concerned about is every kid and their moms exploder killing the place when they should not be up there....... Reiter has changed but people have not......

What I'm concerned about is every kid and their moms exploder killing the place when they should not be up there....... Reiter has changed but people have not......

Yeah but these beginner trails were built for rigs like these kids in moms explorer.... If the trail can't stand up to this then hopefully they'll learn to make some changes in trail construction.

Is there going to be people "patrolling" on days the park is closed?

No....

So here are the issues I have with it..

1---a single trail is going to get used to **** (granted there is also single track stuff)
2--- those who bring quads are going to do what?
3---the word gets out that reiter is open and during the week folks are going to be out there screwing stuff up.

4--waist of $$ to bring a single person in for this on the weekends.
5--Is the E&E person who is up there going to keep an eye on the trail/keep folks on the trail?

Just some that were on the top of my head.

No....

1---a single trail is going to get used to **** (granted there is also single track stuff)
3---the word gets out that reiter is open and during the week folks are going to be out there screwing stuff up.

5--Is the E&E person who is up there going to keep an eye on the trail/keep folks on the trail?

Good point Mike!!!!:awesomework:

Since the quad trunk trail isn't done yet they will using the 4x4 single trail,unless they finish hardening there trunk trail.

Since the quad trunk trail isn't done yet they will using the 4x4 single trail,unless they finish hardening there trunk trail.
So that would mean that eventually the DNR will convert any 4x4 trails to an atv trail!!!!!:mad::mad::stirpot:

I knew there was a reason that the DNR left a 54" open area in the 4x4 trail!!!!!!:mad::mad:

Last edited:
No....

THAT is exactly what I didn't want to hear....... Keep em to play days, they worked and got people there, what more are they hoping to accomplish?

Is there going to be people "patrolling" on days the park is closed?

David and staff is in the area during the week

So that would mean that eventually the DNR will convert any 4x4 trails to an atv trail!!!!!:mad::mad::stirpot:

I knew there was a reason that the DNR left a 54" open area in the 4x4 trail!!!!!!:mad::mad:

No crap, that, side by sides and bikes. Then some quad will get hurt on the trail, sue DNR for it and we will be down to logging roads

I just want to know how they are going to patrol all of the road to the top and all of the trails leading off of it with the bikes and quads.

And just think, last year they weren't going to even build one trail for the 4x4 till my Steve Davies and Ted Jackson went postal on them. They were planning to build the first trail about now and plan the rest after that

Went out there today around 3. Any idea what difficulty they are going to call this trail?

I ran the whole trail in Ashley's 4Runner which is stock gears, stock IFS, no lockers, a 4" lift and 35" Toyo MTs. It was certainly a challenge in two spots because of how the rocks funnel you down the center (annoying in my mind). I have to hit both sides equally so I can keep one side from spinning with no lockers, and also to keep the truck from flopping over due to the lack of flex up front. It went through the whole thing unassisted as I said, and admittedly it was a lot more of a challenge than I expected (for a basically stock truck). In my truck with lockers, gears, etc, I don't think I would enjoy it as much as driving a trail like they used to be. I guess I just prefer going down the trail with obsticals here and there, not a trail of solid rocks down both sides. Obviously this is personal preference, but I would still love to borrow a trailer and take my truck none the less to see what its like when I can climb on one side or the other and not be forced down the center. We also spent some time chatting with a guy in a very clean or restored orange willys, and a young man from the DNR who snapped some pictures of us along the trail from the rock pile on out.

That said, for her truck, it made for a really fun afternoon with her and my boy (for his first time!) and I'm really glad it is available for us to use again. A big thanks to everyone who has been involved, and I am looking forward to more work and expansion up there.

~T.J.

Last edited:
Went out there today around 3. Any idea what difficulty they are going to call this trail?

I ran the whole trail in Ashley's 4Runner which is stock gears, stock IFS, no lockers, a 4" lift and 35" Toyo MTs. It was certainly a challenge in two spots because of how the rocks funnel you down the center (annoying in my mind). I have to hit both sides equally so I can keep one side from spinning with no lockers, and also to keep the truck from flopping over due to the lack of flex up front. It went through the whole thing unassisted as I said, and admittedly it was a lot more of a challenge than I expected (for a basically stock truck). In my truck with lockers, gears, etc, I don't think I would enjoy it as much as driving a trail like they used to be. I guess I just prefer going down the trail with obsticals here and there, not a trail of solid rocks down both sides. Obviously this is personal preference, but I would still love to borrow a trailer and take my truck none the less to see what its like when I can climb on one side or the other and not be forced down the center. We also spent some time chatting with a guy in a very clean or restored orange willys, and a young man from the DNR who snapped some pictures of us along the trail from the rock pile on out.

That said, for her truck, it made for a really fun afternoon with her and my boy (for his first time!) and I'm really glad it is available for us to use again. A big thanks to everyone who has been involved, and I am looking forward to more work and expansion up there.

~T.J.
its a green trail,designed for 4x4 with 33 inch tires and atleast one locker.

we have been fighting the design of putting all the rocks on the outside of the trail.