• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

opinions on notchers

Jtremor

I've pretty much limited it down to a couple notchers. Either rogue fabrication versanotcher or the baileigh tn-250 notcher? Has anyone used either of these before?

Just from what all I've been seeing, the baleigh 250 without a doubt. The way it clamps material gives you a true center line cut no matter what size stuff you are using. That's the only thing I see that outweighs the rogue fab. But the baleigh is higher priced too

Been using the Baileigh for 4+ years, wouldn't trade it for anything else.

I have the rouge fab notcher and I absolutely love it it is a breeze to reset up on a notch and having the ability to notch from both sides is a big plus

Another note about the baileigh notcher vs the ol joint jigger styles.

On my OG original OL joint jigger I would destroy a hole saw in about 10 copes. With the baleigh, I've used 2 hole saws on 3 cages and one exo... One 1.75 that is almost done, and one 2.0 that's still new.

The one cage had almost 50 copes and the others had less.

Definitely makes the hole saws last longer when used with a good notcher. Running it with a hitachi 1/2 drill nothing special.

we have a Rogue notcher as well. very smooth operation and is pretty tough...now. I had one of the early designs and actually bent the frame of it (they replaced it with heavier style) also, have bent or broken all 6 of the early mild steel arbors they sold....now they are made of 4130 I believe. Also, I replaced the small cam locks for turn knobs since they wore out or broke...now they use a heavier version.
I kind of wish I would have sprung for the Beast...but this works pretty damn good.

Brian

Got a Baileigh at work. Never used the Rogue but can see how it could be better then the Baileigh. Might be same a close race but the Baileigh is pure beef. Heavy duty for sure.

Baileigh notcher here. Built my buggy with it and did a couple rzr's too with no issues very happy with it pure beef