• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Opinions wanted.... What's the best "cut" for a TSL -

TURNEROFFROAD

I know thats a loaded question, but kinda of want to hear what you fellows think. I don't think I'm going full TN cut on my new 43SX's drool

So what do ya'll say? Just cut the center bars?...

I'm listening Most of our Wheeling is Hot Springs, Twig Mountain, and OK area

I've got a set of brand spanking new 43SX's on H1 doublebeadlocks.... FYI

DSCF1009.jpg
:dblthumb:

.... one fella out of 190 views offers up an opinion... :dunno:

I know several of you tire grooving, hacking, abusing rascals have tried all flavors, care to offer your findings???????

:)

You know what opinions are like, but here's mine. I ran a set of humvee tires cut about like JRich's picture at Disney and crawled the waterfall like nuttin', that said they weren't worth a f**k in alabama. $.02

I'm sure not recommending humvee tires, I ran 'em because that's what I could afford at the time. My point is that a conservative grooving would probably be a good place to start. You can always cut more later. I loved wheeling Disney below the dam and the extra edges seemed to work well on that particular type of limestone which is so common in Ark and Ok.

I always split the center tread in half, but I wheel a toyota and run really low pressure and don't really have the option to "bounce" and hit the "hook dirt".
:dunno:
And I have a shitty groover that kinda gets the job done, but that's about it.

What is the difference between an Aetna cut and a Tennessee cut? I cut my 36s on the rear of my Toyota and made a big difference. I cut half of the center lug out. Somebody post some pictures,Please.

In the pirate thread above, which cut is which? The top Tenn. cut and bottom Aetna cut or the other way around?

Okay after seeing the pictures, my rears are the TN cut. I use to run 9.5-16 tractor tires on my little Toyota. I have 36 TSLs on it now. They worked a lot better on the rocks at Harlan,but when it's wet there they sucked. Since I cut them,they work a lot better in the mud . :dblthumb: