• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

ORCRC 1st comp '07 series of USRCCA rules

grover

Anyone else going besides myself?

I am in Tumwater less than a mile off the trosper exit if anyone wants to caravan/carpool.LMK

Chad-

I would love to run with the ORCRC again, but my super is in pieces right now. All I can do to get it read for our next comp.

Sunday the 7th, they have not finalized the vote on where but it could be WA bridge of the gods or Highrocks by the looks of the poll so far.

grover said:
Sunday the 7th, they have not finalized the vote on where but it could be WA bridge of the gods or Highrocks by the looks of the poll so far.

hhmmm doesnt sound familiar. Im going to assume thats down by the border though. any mapquest info?

Knok2222 said:
hhmmm doesnt sound familiar. Im going to assume thats down by the border though. any mapquest info?

Bridge of the Gods is accross from Cascade Locks on the Columbia River, the WA side. About 3 miles into the forest on the WA side.

High Rocks is our version of Moab, but minus the traction. When wet outside, High Rocks is dangerous. I'd say keep small kids on a short leash. If it is wet out, or even not, High Rocks is a water hazard. Lots of "pools" that tend to get worked into the comp lines. Last comp was at High Rocks and the second course was up a small waterfall.

From Sea-Tac, it's an easy 2.5 hour drive to either location. BOTG is about 40 miles East of Portland. High Rocks is in the Portland metro area, Gladtsone to be exact.

See here for a few of our locations, http://www.orcrc.com/outing.htm

well where are they going to have it? i need to know where to show up. Grover you want to carpool? or maybe I can follow ya.

Dixon Ticonderoga said:
Oregon cannot hold ORCRC events in Washington, USRCCA rules.

Where is this stated? With Ryan being on the USRCCA rules commitee I'm pretty sure he didn't miss read things.

Currently 98% of our terrian is under water or about to go under water. Keep watching our board for details.....that is if you plan to come.:D

im a newb but hoping to come down and see how its done. + ive seen some sweet a$$ rigs come from down there. Good to get ideas from.

Toyofast said:
Where is this stated? With Ryan being on the USRCCA rules commitee I'm pretty sure he didn't miss read things.

Currently 98% of our terrian is under water or about to go under water. Keep watching our board for details.....that is if you plan to come.:D

Bob has to be kidding. Maybe just his way of saying that the USRCCA has to many rules. Either way if Bobby wants some action he will have to come to a comp because winning on the internet is like winning the special olimpics...

Chad

Last edited:
Knok2222 said:
well where are they going to have it? i need to know where to show up. Grover you want to carpool? or maybe I can follow ya.

Anything to save on gas. Competing gets spendy when you drive 2 hours min. each way twice a month. You know I a cheap and dont like to buy stuff.

Chad-

ya, sounds like it will be wet regardless. My truck isnt the roomest ride around,(little ford ranger) but it gets r done. If you want to drive ill gladly pitch in some $$. Hopfully they can set a place to have it soon so I can make a plan.

Sorry Toyo, Yeah I was joking around. Although my name is Adam, bob's screen name is Bobby Cumbersum. I would like to come down to a comp, but wont be over there until monday. Maybe another time. I will make the WARCRC comp though.:) I think bob will be there too.

Last edited:
Dixon Ticonderoga said:
Sorry Toyo, Yeah I was joking around. Although my name is Adam, bob's screen name is Bobby Cumbersum. I would like to come down to a comp, but wont be over there until monday. Maybe another time. I will make the WARCRC comp though.:) I think bob will be there too.

Oh yea...now I remember...it has been...a few months.

Missed a good comp you guys...it was dry under the bridge and Hackster set up some fun gates. I will most likely be attending the next event if anyone from WA wants to try to plan something. LMK

Chad-

grover said:
Missed a good comp you guys...it was dry under the bridge and Hackster set up some fun gates. I will most likely be attending the next event if anyone from WA wants to try to plan something. LMK

Chad-

Chad... Good to see you again. You did almost too well. We can't be havin' a Worshington based person doing so well at an ORCRC event:D

The courses were tougher than any previous ORCRC event. New rules went over pretty well with most of the people, some tossed some childish fits but perhaps the rules will filter out those that are serious and those that are not.

Under the bridge location was great, a bit dark at the top of the hill but can'tcomplain with great and ample parking, tons of space to setup your pit area and lots of rocks to move around if needed.

Good times.

Shoot. Our GTG was changed from the beach to Ortings bridge.
I don't mind rain, but non-stop down pour is a bit too much.

The bridge was great at keeping dry but it acted like a wind tunnel and we froze our arse's off. Was it the same for you guys?

Can't wait to see the pics. Oh and yes I want to attend more comps down there if time permits.

Mike

smr4runner said:
Shoot. Our GTG was changed from the beach to Ortings bridge.
I don't mind rain, but non-stop down pour is a bit too much.

The bridge was great at keeping dry but it acted like a wind tunnel and we froze our arse's off. Was it the same for you guys?

Can't wait to see the pics. Oh and yes I want to attend more comps down there if time permits.

Mike

I didn't think it was windy, but I live where it's windy everyday of the year:redneck: It was about 45* or so at 9am. The 205 Bridge location is pretty big area. The bridge itself has I think 8 lanes and a center 2-way bike lane. Lots of area to stay dry, unless you stood under a roadway drain spout:looser:

Latest posts