• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

ORI tune/setup

poolman said:
Updates? I ran 130 in the back last 2 weekends and it feels really stiff. I'm going to buy a duel fill kit this week. One post here said that you can't adjust the bottom pressure without emptying the top first? That could be my problem. Any more thoughts on the screw adjustment?????

Edit, I'm running 18" could that throw the "average pressure " out the window????????

Your rear shocks are too high. I knew that when I changed the pressures after the first time we pulled it out of the shop. It had tons of sway and roll. We didnt have much time so we put enough in it to make sure it was stable enough to get you through the weekend.

You will have to empty the top chamber to get an accurate reading on the lower otherwise you are just guessing. I agree on lowering the rear quite a bit. I know it is too much. 90 should work as long as you keep the front in check. I dont remember what i put in the fronts but I think 120 will be a little low in the front with all the weight they are carrying. I'm definitely no ORI expert but with 90 in the lowers on all four corners that thing was all over the place. The torque twist was crazy. Gotta love a BBC!

Dont buy the ORI kit unless you really want the bling. There is a thread on Pirate on building your own with links to the parts. I think the guy did it for under $200.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/general-4x4-discussion/2280594-diy-ori-nitrogen-dual-fill-2.html#/topics/2280594?_k=n4wbkf

I would get the larger regulator that they recommend in the middle of the thread. Its rated for the proper pressures.

Agreed, I wasent saying you guys done anything wrong, but I knew it would need them to be dialed in. And yes I found the pirate kit :dblthumb:

randy1568 said:
good read thinking about selling my 2.5 remote coilovers for some ORI's

Me too! I thought I was close on my CO's but Harlan beat me to death this last weekend going from Putney side to the Evarts side. I told my buddies it was my last trip wheeling until they are fixed. :****:

rpf500 said:
Me too! I thought I was close on my CO's but Harlan beat me to death this last weekend going from Putney side to the Evarts side. I told my buddies it was my last trip wheeling until they are fixed. :****:

You need you some good leaf sprangs Ryan! laughing1

my biggest concern is i still hear rumors that the ORI arent that great with high speeds? any thoughts. i know their of tons of threads on this topic just curious what some people in this thread think?

poolman said:
Agreed, I wasent saying you guys done anything wrong, but I knew it would need them to be dialed in. And yes I found the pirate kit :dblthumb:

I didn't think that at all. Just wanted you to know where I would start. :driving:

Update, I got my wifey a no loss gauge kit for Christmas . Used it on my ORI's and went to Winn rock yesterday. It's a big block Rockwell rig. 90 lowers all the way around, 250 uppers rear, 400 front. Rode like a car. Bounced it a little and had a little side to side flop but not to worry. Going to play with the bottom screw a little but I think I'm good. BTW, fuel pump relay quit half way up school bus, after a couple hours of trouble shooting, had to put a jumper wire to get to the trailer. Great day to wheel.