• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

ORIs?

I love mine,it was hard pill to swallow to pay that much plus wait 21/2 months...but they are worth it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the thing that sold me on the price was that if you think about it all compared to a set of coilovers that do the same thing...you are almost at the same price.

In addition to the strut itself, you get a bumpstop, a sway bar, and variable rate dampening. You would need a coilover, springs, triple rate setup, air bumps, airbump cans, and a sway bar to compare to the ORI fairly in my opinion. Add all that up...and you are looking at a pretty penny there.

Sure, you will have more tuning ability with a coilover setup, but you also need more skills to do it.

Cost for cost, they are very comparable; but once you really dig into tuning and workability, they are two completely different animals.

DEF worth tha money!! We had to look around to find em when we bought ours, and got em in a couple weeks. Cant tell ya how badass they are. I cant imagine have a coilover now. Being able to adjust and lower or raise in literally a few min is priceless. GET em!! U wont be disappointed. Also the few sets i did see for sale used werent that much cheaper. Good luck!

kushKrawlin said:
DEF worth tha money!! We had to look around to find em when we bought ours, and got em in a couple weeks. Cant tell ya how badass they are. I cant imagine have a coilover now. Being able to adjust and lower or raise in literally a few min is priceless. GET em!! U wont be disappointed. Also the few sets i did see for sale used werent that much cheaper. Good luck!

Which ones did you get? Mind if I ask how much you paid for them?

I'm with these guys....So far I like mine. Got a **** load of other stuff to do on the buggy, I have't tried tuning them any yet.

Someone told me the piggybacks were worth the coin too. More tunability? (yes I made that word up.) I'll likely add them later just to see what they do. ;D

I've been thinking about getting them for my buggy. All the reviews I have read have been good.

Re:

I know that i have seen a number of times where ORIs have kept a rig planted that would have rolled otherwise. For a trail rig they are worth the coin, if atleast in just the front.

i have them, i tell everyone to BUY something else, had them 4 years, on the third rebuild on two of them , when they work i do like them , but we have to carry spares , just went to clayton ok, 7 hour trip to get there
, 3 hours of wheelin the left rear shocks starts sagging, better get back to camp to put on a spare, there are only two of us that use ORIs, everyone else has gotten tired of the up keep on them, so we have spares
just in case, and im glad we did, wheeled 3 more days, on the last day , the right rear one was sagging, sent them both back to get rebuilt , again,

BUY KINGS
]
20130918_190850_zps5ac13320.jpg
[/URL]

bigs10blazer said:
i have them, i tell everyone to BUY something else, had them 4 years, on the third rebuild on two of them , when they work i do like them , but we have to carry spares , just went to clayton ok, 7 hour trip to get there
, 3 hours of wheelin the left rear shocks starts sagging, better get back to camp to put on a spare, there are only two of us that use ORIs, everyone else has gotten tired of the up keep on them, so we have spares
just in case, and im glad we did, wheeled 3 more days, on the last day , the right rear one was sagging, sent them both back to get rebuilt , again,

BUY KINGS
]
20130918_190850_zps5ac13320.jpg
[/URL

do you wanna sell yours ?

Re:

Mine sagged when I would fill them from collapsed/full bump. When I charge them from full extension, (using a cart lift or engine hoist) no more sag. The new stx do not need resi's for more tunability, so I'm told. I have the older st's, and I purchased the resi's; made a huge difference when running less than half shaft.

Re:

^^^ had them 3 years, no rebuilds. Very easy to tune for trail riding, also nice to have adjustability in ride height.