• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

ORV Park / Skate Park

supsa

I would think you would need the same kind of waver for liability. At the skate barn you join there club and sign a waver. Why would it be differant?
Buy some property and start a club and have wavers at the same time. City skate parts are everywhere now. How do they get away with it? I've been :mad: on this

What happened to RMC in Auburn. Didn't they get sued, and shut down becouse of it?

Also, does anyone know what happened to the Cuba club? The track is still there, but is mostly overgrown now. It is at the end of Boing feild, at the end of an I-5 off ramp.

Has anyone ever talked to a race track owner? How do they pull it off. Think Pacific Raceways. If a dragster flips and burns how do they keep from getting sued. Seems like a similar situation to what we are dealing with.

RMC wasn't shut down because of a lawsuit. MXGP, RMC, Straddleline, ToesMX all make you sign a waiver.

What happened to RMC in Auburn. Didn't they get sued, and shut down becouse of it?

Also, does anyone know what happened to the Cuba club? The track is still there, but is mostly overgrown now. It is at the end of Boing feild, at the end of an I-5 off ramp.

RMC was in Renton and they closed cause it did not make the money they had hopped for so now their internet sales are based out of there.

RMC is still in Renton but closed the inside arena. It was closed due to a broken neck and lack of funds. And no they didn't get sued. They do let street bike ride in back doin tricks at 80 mph

That is how I always thought a private ORV park should be set up-

not open to the public but make it a private club where members pay annual dues.

I think that would bypass a lot of the liability.

I also think users would take better care of an area if they were paying members. It would give a sense of ownership and belonging that would hopefully lead to some pride in keeping the area nice.

waivers mean ****. you need a general liability insurance... in this state you CAN get sued, even with a waiver... and it can cost a lot of money before you win.

General Liability for our sport is estimated to be 10k-50k /yr depending on the size of the land and if its dispersed rec or event.

waivers mean ****. you need a general liability insurance... in this state you CAN get sued, even with a waiver... and it can cost a lot of money before you win.

General Liability for our sport is estimated to be 10k-50k /yr depending on the size of the land and if its dispersed rec or event.

Jakob, can you get General Liability for say, a weekend? Could you get General Liability on a "club." What about car insurance, could that cover you if your driving a vehicle on somebody elses land?

Jakob, can you get General Liability for say, a weekend? Could you get General Liability on a "club." What about car insurance, could that cover you if your driving a vehicle on somebody elses land?

The issue is that any insurance for a club, event, etc needs to also cover the land owner. Car insurance, for instance, covers your vehicle if it gets damaged, but the insurance company could go after the land owner to help pay the claim.

In order to the the land owner carried, in this case DNR, you need to have a permit to operate on their land and insurance for whenever your event or 'lease' is 'on'... this means that if its an event, it covers just the event (say F, S, Su) and no event could take place outside of this time.

If you're doing a recreational area, it needs to have gates and hours posted for the insurance you have. So if you go find some acres of private land (or lease from DNR), you need to be able to have the insurance apply 100% of the time. many places in the east are open only weekends to cut down on insurance costs