• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

orv tabs

popcancherokee

I just bought a quad here in Arizona and just switched the tittle and got new ORV tabs.so my question is can I use my Arizona ORV tabs in Washington or do I have to get Washington ORV tabs....

I just bought a quad here in Arizona and just switched the tittle and got new ORV tabs.so my question is can I use my Arizona ORV tabs in Washington or do I have to get Washington ORV tabs....

If you are a legal resident of Washington State and you get caught using out-of-state registration to avoid buying Washington State registration you can get up to one year in jail.

If you are just visiting Washington State then your AZ ORV tabs have you cover anywhere ORV tabs are required.

If you are a legal resident of Washington State and you get caught using out-of-state registration to avoid buying Washington State registration you can get up to one year in jail.

If you are just visiting Washington State then your AZ ORV tabs have you cover anywhere ORV tabs are required.

I got Arizona driver license.... but all my vehicles have Washington plates.i dont have much money when i first get back.but wa ORV tabs are cheep so might just get them any ways I'm not moving from Washington again for a while... can I get washington ORV tabs with a Arizona tittle ?....thanks for the input.....

Last edited:
Nope.

In practical terms, if you have an AZ drivers license and ORV permit you don't need WA ORV permit until you get a WA drivers license.

huh? Sure you can. I have vehicles titled in Oregon and registered in Washington. Its done all the time when you purchase a vehicle in Oregon and the Lienholder has possession of the title.

They just want you to pay the tax. They don't care where the title is.

If you have an AZ drivers license, and AZ tabs, and your only here visiting, then you dont need WA tabs. If you plan on staying awhile however, the state is gonna want you to change your drivers license and tabs.

My quad is titled in WA, but I only ride it in Oregon, so I buy Oregon ATV tags with my WA title. Oregon doesnt care, they just want the Vin # and the money. Its 10 bucks for 2 years, versus WA that wants like 8 or 12 bucks for one year, and I dont even ride it here.

Also check on taxes. If you paid taxes on the title in AZ, then you shouldnt need to pay taxes AGAIN in WA, but you may need to bring in proof. Just call your local license agency and they can explain the rules rather than rely on us.

Last edited: