• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

OTHER - King Of Hammers - February 5, 2016

xjkrawler said:
Sounds good! what dates yall leaving out and coming back?

We will probably leave the Friday Jan 29th Early Morning and be on the lakebed sometime Saturday Evening. Taking I-10 Route.
Leave right after the big race on Friday Feb 5th and begin our 36hr trek home.

BustedKnucklefilms said:
We will probably leave the Friday Jan 29th Early Morning and be on the lakebed sometime Saturday Evening. Taking I-10 Route.
Leave right after the big race on Friday Feb 5th and begin our 36hr trek home.

Okay. That raises another question. Why I-10? vs I-40 all the way? We are planning leave Friday night arrive sunday sometime. Wheel saturday after race and head home that sunday morning. Hope to get home by Monday night.

Toterhome doesn't like the big ass hills on I-40. There is only 1 bad hill on I-10 and that is coming out of Palm Springs.
Also Weather isn't a factor on I-10. Get stuck in Flagstaff in white out conditions following a snowplow 15mph because you cant see and it will make the little bit of extra time to go I-10 worth it.

BustedKnucklefilms said:
:flipoff1:
Toterhome doesn't like the big ass hills on I-40. There is only 1 bad hill on I-10 and that is coming out of Palm Springs.
Also Weather isn't a factor on I-10. Get stuck in Flagstaff in white out conditions following a snowplow 15mph because you cant see and it will make the little bit of extra time to go I-10 worth it.
Got snow plowed because you left your buddy and best camera man all by himself in Ontario :gtfo:

al1tonyota said:
Got snow plowed because you left your buddy and best camera man all by himself in Ontario :gtfo:

The Mountain was iced over coming down to Ontario too. We should have cut off and met you in Pheonix. Oh well Live N Learn. :driving:

BustedKnucklefilms said:

Haha okay understood. I'll consider that route.

Wasn't a bridge washed out on I-10 about a month ago just east of Palm Springs? I think it's causing a major problems. Surely it will be fixed.

http://ktla.com/2015/07/19/bridge-collapses-amid-heavy-rains-near-coachella-prompting-closure-of-10-freeway/

King of The Hammers 2016: It's almost time.

King of The Hammers is held the first week in February in Johnson Valley, CA. This is an event that everyone at GenRight looks forward to!! This year, we'll be fielding 3 entries: Jordan Pellegrino in his 4585 EMC Modified class Jeep, Jami Pellegrino with be racing his 485 UTV. and Tony Pellegrino will be racing his 4485 Ultra4 Unlimited class car in the big race on Friday.
IMG_5683-XL_zpscbqc22ep.jpg

IMG_4015-XL_zpsk09qa64i.jpg

DSC005422-XL_zpspbqy7bpf.jpg

We work all year to prepare for this race, building cars, testing at Johnson Valley, working on fitness, practicing with the pit crews, etc. It's a huge effort!!

This event is the ultimate test of man and machine. We use it to test our products and to develop new product ideas. You can get more KoH info on our blog (http://www.genrightnow.com/) and our Facebook page. If you're planning to attend the race, Tony will be leading an event called the "KoH Experience" the Saturday after the race. This is your chance to get your Jeep out on the Hammer trails with Tony. If you won't be bringing your rig to KoH, there may be a few seats available in other Jeeps.More info here: (http://www.genright.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=KOHEXP2016)

You'll be able to find info on our blog, Facebook page and Youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0M8ku3Gw6Hc

Schedule, sure these are their local time:

2016 KOH Week Schedule

? Friday January 29th, 2016
o 9:00 AM Registration Opens – Means Dry Lake Bed
o 9:00 AM Pre-Running Opens o 9:00 AM Tech Opens - All new cars need to be teched by close of tech on Monday

? Saturday January 30th, 2016
o Continue Registration and Pre-Running
o 6:00 PM Mandatory King of the Motos Riders Meeting

? Sunday January 31st, 2016
o Continue Registration – see Registration houses on Main o 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM King of the Motos
o 5:00 PM KOM Awards Ceremony

? Monday February 1st, 2016
o Pre Running Day
o 12:00 PM Vendor Show opens
o 3:30 PM Mandatory Drivers meeting for 4WPW Qualifying Days
o 4:30 PM Mandatory Drivers meeting for Shootout o 6:00 PM Vision X SRRS vs. ULTRA4 Presented by King Shoot Out

? Tuesday February 2nd, 2016
o 8:00 AM Start of Qualifying on 4 Wheel Parts Qualifying course
o 12:00 - 6:00 PM UTV Tech and Contingency EMC may take as well
o 12:00 - 8:00 PM Vendor Hours in Hammertown
o 3:45 PM Awards Ceremony for Shootout Participants before Power Hour o 5:00 PM Close of Day 1 of Qualifying/ Start of PCI GPS and Comms Class o 6:00 PM Mandatory drivers meeting for all KOH UTV racers o 6:00 PM Outlaw KOH R/C Rock Racing at Axial Booth (for spectator handout only)

? Wednesday February 3rd, 2016
o 8:00 AM Start of Polaris RZR KOH UTV Race o 12:00 PM Start of Day 2 of 4 Wheel Parts Qualifying
o 12:00 - 6:00 PM EMC Tech and Contingency
o 12:00 - 8:00 PM Vendor Hours in Hammertown o 4:00 PM End of KOH UTV Race
o 5:00 PM End of Qualifying
o 6:00 PM Mandatory Drivers meeting for Smittybilt Every Man Challenge Race o 6:00 PM Outlaw KOH R/C Rock Racing at Axial Booth (for spectator handout only)
o 8:00 PM Volunteer Meeting
o 8:00 PM King Shocks Party

? Thursday February 4th, 2016
o 8:00 AM Start of Smittybilt Every Man Challenge Race
o 6:00 PM Close of EMC Race o 12:00 - 7:00 PM KOH Tech and Contingency in Hammertown
o 12:00 - 8:00 PM Vendor Hours in Hammertown
o 6:00 PM Raceline Volunteer Dinner presented by Extreme Wheelers 4 Christ o 6:00 PM Outlaw KOH R/C Rock Racing at Axial Booth (for spectator handout only)
o 7:00 PM Mandatory Drivers meeting for Nitto King of the Hammers
o 8:00 PM Volunteer Staffing meeting

? Friday February 5th, 2016
o 6:00 AM Driver Line Up 2016 Nitto King of the Hammers Powered by Optima
o 8:00 AM Start of the 2016 Nitto King of the Hammers Powered by Optima
o 10:00 PM Close of the 2016 Nitto King of the Hammers Powered by Optima

? Saturday February 6th, 2016
o 9:00 AM Awards Ceremony UTV – KOH – EMC
o 10:00 AM KOH The Experience

JohnG said:
Any bouncers or anyone from the south racing in it this year?

Sent using left thumb.

Chris May # 725 from South Carolina is racing.