• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

OTHER - King of the Hammers - February 1-6, 2015

LightBnDr said:
Ok so an important question....
Has anyone ever camped on the lake bed all week in a pop up camper?

Is the wind so violent that it's got no chance of lasting?
You could get in it and have some one crank it in. Just kidding. where I live, the last two days, we've had wind, about like KOH is every day. But no blowing sand. You can function in it ok, you just have to prepare for it. Guy camped next to us left his Coleman stove open the whole time. Got where he couldn't cook with it, filled with sand. Keep everything closed up when not in use. My leaf blower was a big hit. You'll be ok. Main thing, go. If you don't go, you will die wishing you did!

Good to know. I'm finishing up my hauler in hopes of making it out this year.

Spose I'll just have to try and park next to some sort of wind break.

Thanks

So just curious who is all 100% in on the KOH haul??

Wanting to meet up with some to follow out

Anybody fly out and rent a car to go spectate? Takes so much time and money to drive we were thinking of doing that for our first time to see what it's all about then drive on to Vegas for a few days.

I have done that a couple times, but I stayed in the vehicle I rented.
I had some buddies going out and they took my camping stuff.
Was able to enjoy the race from Hammertown and ran around with them in their 4x4's.
I flew into Ontario and drove out from there, not a bad drive.

I couldn't see a pop up camper lasting longer than 5 or 6 hours if that. And man would that thing be cold and filled with sand!!! make the effort for better sleeping quarters or you won't enjoy the trip.

Smokinsrt said:
Anybody fly out and rent a car to go spectate? Takes so much time and money to drive we were thinking of doing that for our first time to see what it's all about then drive on to Vegas for a few days.

I'm flying out - flying into Palm Springs -and driving a rental SUV to Hammertown. renting a camper, having them deliver it to the lakebed to stay in

Ok I'm gonna have an RV delivered and a private chartered flight to the lake bed. See you guys there

Well sence you all are going to be close by someone stop by my ocean front property in Arizona to to make sure it is still there, you guys have a blast that are going i will tune in on the couch for live cast

2015KOTHLogoLarge_0.jpg

CartoTracks will be mapping the course(s).
It's official: https://www.cartotracks.com/2015_king_hammers loller.gif

This is a bit of an introduction post as well as an information post.

As posted above, we've teamed up with Dave Cole and the whole Ultra4 team to make a whole new kind of map this year. We are creating course and Hammertown maps that you can load in your smartphone or tablet/iPad (Android and iOS compatible) that are stored on your phone and do not require signal to operate (as long as you get it downloaded to your device before loosing signal) The GPS in the device is all you need once it's loaded to the device locally.

So, you own the map, magic blue dot shows you where you are on the map relative to the course, the pit you are looking for, etc.

The first step that you should do now, is download the free app called PDF-Maps.
Here's a direct link: http://www.pdf-maps.com

The second step will be to download the maps you want from our website once we are given the green light to release them (late next week). The maps will all be located here: https://www.cartotracks.com/maps

The Hammertown map will be free, course maps all $10 each.

Real important: Make sure you download the maps you want TO THE DEVICE YOU INTEND TO USE IN JOHNSON VALLEY! One map per download.

If you're on Facebook and Twitter, please give us a "Like" for updates when the maps are released, further links, etc. Links below in our signature.

We hope you like our product and choose to give it a try. We are a small business (husband/wife team) and intend to map many of the popular trails nation-wide including all of the Hammers trails and Moab.

This system is very nice because you can simply load the maps to your smartphone and no longer need to fumble around with the old-school GPS units. Our maps can show so much more information than what you can load into one of the older handheld GPS units. Here's a short demonstration. Pardon my goofy voice. http://youtu.be/NLhH_aajWxQ

We also are re-seller of RAM Mounts (See: RAMMOUNTS - X-Grip® Mounts)and will be loading mounts to our website this week for mounting your phone or tablet just about anywhere in your rig.

If you have any questions, shoot us an e-mail at [email protected]
or just give us a call at 256-714-2000

Tell folks about us please!
We want to change the way you navigate around on trails.
THANK YOU!
~ Jake and Jennifer White ~

The CartoTracks team, boss in yellow:

does anyone have any available trailer space heading to KOH from the TN valley area or nearby? looking for room to haul a rzr or just a tote with supplies.

thanks

Cant wait. I fly into Vegas on Sunday night the 1st. And will be on the lakebed on Monday.
Already drove all of my junk out to Lake Havasu, relief to already be done, even my clothes are already out there.

We'll be racing Chris Sommers car the #678 with my #555 on it in my spot at KOH. Chris is going to be bombing it!
We qualify for start position on Tuesday.

Come find me I'm in 216 GenRight.
koh2015_zps4aa8f38c.jpg

Loaded
FA113CA5-FB02-4443-87F2-1138E816B46D_zps7befm8tr.jpg

6724B653-32E8-43DA-AEAF-3EBC33770740_zpsgjlineie.jpg

Junction, TX with Pat Sims on the way west.
98C0AD34-FE60-4123-8607-919D189BA289_zpsuqkhpzq6.jpg

Some truck stop in BFE
55E64F0C-01E7-4FEB-A2D5-4247D3A7CAC3_zpsfylyfvxk.jpg

Myself and the wife are flying to Palm Springs next Wednesday morning, renting our badass Chevy Spark and driving to the lakebed. Staying with the LII / Molten Motorsports crew.

And yes, I got the insurance with the rental, I think the 1.0L ought to do pretty well in the EMC...