• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

OTHER - Tanner Family Offroad Reunion - October 16-18, 2015

Speeding said:
This was sent to me to post by the "Cove Property Owner"

The property known as Bryant's Cove Church Riding area was acquired in April 2015 for recreational and natural enjoyment. Being an avid off-road roader I was excited to learn that this area was home to many local riding trails and spots. I wanted to clean up and improve some of the trails that had been rutted by the loggers that we had purchased it from.

While making improvements, I met many local riders on MY land and was excited to see their excitement about the land improvements we are working to provide. I let EVERYONE I encountered that they may continue to ride on MY land as they have done so previously. I just asked that no glass bottles, campfires, or trash be left on the property. I thought this was a minimal request considering I was going to CONTINIUE to allow access to MY property, that I pay taxes on and purchased.

To assure those I was not able to meet while on MY land, I had 12 large signs made that stated CLEARLY: YOU MAY PASS THROUGH AS YOU ALWAYS HAVE. NO GLASS BOTTLES/CAMPFIRES and that the use of HIGH POWERED WEAPONS MY BE IN USE FOR RECREATIONAL PURPOSES.

Signs were hung in obvious spots throughout the property. 2 weeks pass I and find some of my signs torn down. Someone also decided it would be wise to take one my signs, build a fire in the road, break glass bottles, and leave.

It is unfortunate that a few can ruin it for everyone.

I placed trees across the RUTT ROAD on the way to the "Waterfall" to prevent it from happening again.

The signs around the church were also destroyed and the area littered with glass bottles. I have personally picked up 21 55 gallons bags of bottles and trash around the church since April of this year.

It is a liability as a property owner to have people ride your land that do not wear helmets, litter, and break glass bottles with the intent to cause monetary damage to tires etc.

When people can respect MY land and the SIMPLE rules I have asked of them; the access points will be reopened for all to enjoy MY land again. How would you feel if I came into your yard and dropped my glass and trash and did a doughnut and left? The cove is my yard.

New signs and remote video surveillance cameras are being installed and a FULLTIME property mgr will be on site.

The Tanner ride will NOT access or come in from the cemetery road nor travel 15 miles through land I don't own as mentioned in a previous post. I also own the land on the other side of the church/creek off Poplar/Popular Springs with level parking lots and fields and access direct into the property. (This side is currently gated off at the top and bottom while work is taking place.)

NOTE: Entry to the Tanner Event for Locals down the cemetery road is allowed via offroad vehicle. A check in gate will be on the road to provide you with an arm paid with each paid entry. HELMETS MUST BE WORN ON ALL ATV's. No riding double on ATV's is allowed. Law Enforcement will also be on site at each entry.
Un Fukin believeable..(ok actually not) but Man that just burns my ass!! Would be a dream to have someone like this local, that has a good spot to ride, and is nice enough to let folks ride on it!!! Absolutely insane that some sorry shits (that should be shot in the foot) throw trash out!! Has to be kids, cause if a grown man does that he's loser that deserves to be beat.. Makes me sick. The chances of finding someone nice enough to let ya ride their property are 1 in a million.. I wish he would let me be in charge of the punishment if one is found throwing trash out. I promise after the word got out NO ONE would ever litter again. Hell the may never come back after they see the guy. Ok I'm done. That just really hits a nerve. same thing happened To the last/ only place we had to ride around my house.. Buncha dam losers.

Hi. new here registered just to respond to this thread.

Im one of those guys who goes thru the cove alot. love that place. One night camped outside the big cave 15 kids on 4 wheelers come riding up and spent the whole night blaring country music with too much base and getting **** faced. when i went down there the next day i left with 3 55 gallon bags of trash and a full trasharoo. all beer cans and jello shot containers. this was 2 months ago.

Ive seen the signs that were put up. and like others I saw it as sweet. The good land stewards are not going to get F'd out of a place we enjoy with our family and friends too. Then the cynical side of me kicked in and I knew the first time someone shoots up those signs or pulls some other Dbag move that this section would be closed. didnt take long....

Im going to say something unpopular for a minute here.
Im glad he did it. that whole place is used as a trash pile for every dirty shitty asshole and their shitty asshole offspring in a tri county area. My club has been going thru there cleaning up after these assholes for several years now and its getting old. something needed to happen and I'm not sure if this is that thing. but if not being able to get in that one way is going to stop half the destruction or even a third then great thumb.gif my experience is that 90% of the douche baggery came in from the north side and exited on their four wheelers the same way, at least this is my experience with the assholes ive met on the trail.

Hopefully he catches a few of these clowns violating his blocks and prosecutes them to the full extent to set an example. a message needs to be delivered to the people that trash this place.

muddinmetal said:
Is bringing in 5-10 thousand people with an excuse to party really a good idea with tensions being so high?

I dont think so. the whole cove cant support that type of turn out let alone a 600 acre piece of it.

Gezzz I see liter all the time, and definitely pick up other people's a bunch but you guys make this place sound like a landfill, it take a lot of trash to fill a 55 gallon bag :****:

Re: Re: OTHER - Tanner Family Offroad Reunion - October 16-18, 2015

poolman said:
Gezzz I see liter all the time, and definitely pick up other people's a bunch but you guys make this place sound like a landfill, it take a lot of trash to fill a 55 gallon bag :****:
About one weekend worth of cans and bottles around the church.

MAN I didn,t know this was that place "saw the map",,,weve wheeled there before,big cave all kinda cool rockcrawlin,the lil block church,when it rains the climb outs get crazy etc.

Sucks to hear about whats goin on but yea local ****in damn mouth breathers on "4 wheelers" ruin **** all over the south.

This thread seems a little off topic at this point, but I cannot stand behind the mindset of fellow wheelers getting upset when land that they have no legal right to be on gets taken away. Permission was granted to ride on the land under the circumstances the area was respected. Those circumstances were not maintained.
If my neighbor allowed me to swim in his pool whenever I wanted and for free I would do my best to retain those rights, even if I was not the one that was responsible for losing them. I would not get bitter and threaten to call the EPA because he used too much chlorine as that would possibly result in further loss of privileges for everyone.
The issue is who knows who is responsible? No one probably, but what do you do as a landowner just allow people to trash your property and burn your markers without action? If I was a local that enjoyed the area often I would get together form a group and find the ones who caused the issue. I would attempt to contact the owner and see what could be done to regain the right to ride there, and offer the collective effort of your friends to help secure this right going forward.
I know the owner of this land he is a good dude and fellow wheeler. I'm not speaking for him, but I would think if a call to action was taken he would be far more receptive than complaints and threats voiced elsewhere.

Looking forward to the TANNER FAMILY REUNION RIDE and a long weekend of laid back no stress wheeling.

Back to the ride questions,

How about more details on the parking side of things. We will be coming in with at least (1) 30ft gooseneck and Dually with 2 rigs and another on a truck and trailer but possibly 2 duallys and 2 30ft goosenecks. My concerns are:
1. Parking

2. Being able to get in and out, if its all grass pastures, what happens when it rains. A 4x4 dually with gooseneck's weight on it will move some dirt but if its like my pastures it will rut out quick and then we're all screwed. Is there roads in/out or something for this kind of traffic. 500rigs is at least 250 tow rigs and trailers.

3. Securing my tow rig? I've been to Monteagle and stayed overnight and wheeled 2 days about 10years ago and I was worried to leave anything in my tow rig truck bed or on the trailer and more worried to leave something visible inside the truck that someone would bust a window out to get. I have heard a dozen stories about truck break ins and if you leave a broken down rig on the trail for more than a night, it wont be there the next day.

That being said, this place is by far one of the coolest places I've ever wheeled and has some awesome scenery and I am looking forward to the ride. I think the Tanners couldn't have picked a better and more unique place to wheel to be old school except Tellico and we all know its never coming back.

Also this is not a complaint Thread, just asking questions and to those that could care less about the trails and new land owners, please disinvite yourself. We really do not need people that are going to ruin it for everyone.

BigcountryGA said:
Back to the ride questions,

How about more details on the parking side of things. We will be coming in with at least (1) 30ft gooseneck and Dually with 2 rigs and another on a truck and trailer but possibly 2 duallys and 2 30ft goosenecks. My concerns are:
1. Parking

2. Being able to get in and out, if its all grass pastures, what happens when it rains. A 4x4 dually with gooseneck's weight on it will move some dirt but if its like my pastures it will rut out quick and then we're all screwed. Is there roads in/out or something for this kind of traffic. 500rigs is at least 250 tow rigs and trailers.

3. Securing my tow rig? I've been to Monteagle and stayed overnight and wheeled 2 days about 10years ago and I was worried to leave anything in my tow rig truck bed or on the trailer and more worried to leave something visible inside the truck that someone would bust a window out to get. I have heard a dozen stories about truck break ins and if you leave a broken down rig on the trail for more than a night, it wont be there the next day.

That being said, this place is by far one of the coolest places I've ever wheeled and has some awesome scenery and I am looking forward to the ride. I think the Tanners couldn't have picked a better and more unique place to wheel to be old school except Tellico and we all know its never coming back.

Also this is not a complaint Thread, just asking questions and to those that could care less about the trails and new land owners, please disinvite yourself. We really do not need people that are going to ruin it for everyone.

From the land owner:

The pasture has been rolled and compacted and are covered in 5 inch tall thick fescue mix. There is a large wide gravel road that leads back to the parking fields. (This road was used previously to haul stone and logs. It is a solid road. The parking fields total 47 acres. In the event the area receives rains greater than 3 inches, we will have equipment on site to assist any tow rig from the parking lot back to the road.

Parking lots will have day and night security. There is only one way to enter and one way to exit the parking fields.

Re:

And the road going to it is a safe place. I Park my tow rig at a friend's house right next to the entrance to this parking area. I have never had a problem with it. My truck is even unlocked a lot of times while it is parked there with the keys in it. If that gives you an idea of how safe I feel about it being in that area.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Bobby checking out one of the new hills on the property. A bunch more like this one as well as trails for all types of rigs in the works

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 121
Re:

Take I24 to Monteagle, then take Hwy 41 to Tracy city. Once in Tracy City, it is about 7miles from town in a little community called Greentown.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Latest posts