• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

P-Pumps

mna0121

Going to use a GM P-Pump on my new LS for the front steer and a KRC for the rear. Is there a GM pump that is better than others or any particular one to stay away from? Are there even any differences in any of these pumps? I have ran the stock P that came on my rig for the front steer for several years with no issues so going back with a new one on the new engine. Thanks and RTR

There is something about the amount of flow of old pumps VS new/reman pumps of any sort. The old stockers are better and flow a good bit more if I remember right. I think JJ has all the specs, and I know there is a thread here about it somewhere.

Just my little bit of info to pass along, I was having steering problems couple years ago, read everything I could, part store pumps are hit or miss on what you really get, I bought a new GM pump from the Chevy store for a tad over a hundred bucks! Got one for a mid 90's 3500 4x4 with a 454 engine. Used Amsoil fluid and put a good cooler with a fan, end of problems! Ride all day and can lay your hand on any part of the system.

zukimaster said:
Just my little bit of info to pass along, I was having steering problems couple years ago, read everything I could, part store pumps are hit or miss on what you really get, I bought a new GM pump from the Chevy store for a tad over a hundred bucks! Got one for a mid 90's 3500 4x4 with a 454 engine. Used Amsoil fluid and put a good cooler with a fan, end of problems! Ride all day and can lay your hand on any part of the system.

X2

Don't buy a generic reman p pump.

I believe you can buy new ac delco branded pumps from rock auto that will be oem application specific (as opposed to a reman where they throw whatever pump into the application specific reservoir )