• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pan hard material

rockmike

Sorry for all the questions guys.But thats how you learn right...

With youre help and lots of searching Ive decided on 2"x.250 wall dom for my bottom link material.

Now I would like advice and opinions on the pan hard material and upper link material.

Im thinkin panhard and upper link material could be 1.75x.120 wall dom.What do you think??

That still gets me an 1.50"i.d. on the tube for my threaded inserts.All the links will have the trail gear 1.25"shank 5/8" bolt creeper joints.

Thanks for youre help,Mike.

I've used 1.25" .375" wall tapped for 3/4" hiems before for a a panhard with no problems. Just depends on if your expecting rocks to hit it.

wheeling = hitting rocks, right?

So, before he asks, why would it make a difference?

you need stronger material if you expect it to be able to withstand impact plus its normal function. Most panhards are not directly exposed to rocks like a link or low hanging tierod would. All depends on mounting I guess

In my personaly experiance i wouldnt run 1/4 wall anything for lowers.

I have 1 3/4 3/8ths wall for my uppers and panhard, Its pretty excessive but it wont ever have a issue. Once i have time im gonna do solid 1 3/4 7075 for my uppers and panhard..mainly since i wont have paint on them to chip off.

I am doing a 1 1/2 dia 7075 panhard for a friend next week and have extra material if you want to go that way.

So what do you think about the .120 wall 1.75 for the panahrd bar.Its not going to be hitting any rocks ,it will be tucked in there pretty tight.

So what do you think about the .120 wall 1.75 for the panahrd bar.Its not going to be hitting any rocks ,it will be tucked in there pretty tight.

This is the way i look at it..

1. Weight savings. How much will you save running a 1/8th wall panhard vs. a 1/4 wall panhard
2. Failure. Whats gonna get dominated?

Ive heard of quite a few people running 1/8th wall upper stuff, For me its something i just wont do..(well treated chromo maybee)

Lastly, Could you do one thing for me...PM me the cost of your link material and the cost of weld in bungs. Im curious what the total cost is.

my panhard bar is 1.75 x .120 works good for me

003-4.jpg