• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired Park / Land Trail Mapping

CartoTracks

Jake White
Howdy Hardline folk.

My name is Jake White

Some of y'all may know me from the Rocket City Rock Crawlers King of the Hill competitions. Some may know me from elsewhere.

I'm the RCRC VP and the National Scrambler Owners Association President.

I've started a small business of trail mapping and we now have two 4wd park trail maps under out belts.

First map we created was of Golden Mountain Park near Sparta, TN. Y'all can see it here: http://www.goldenmountainpark.com/maps/

The latest that we just completed is a brand new HAWK PRIDE map! Y'all can see that one here: http://www.hawkpridemountainoffroad.com/park-map/

Our company name is CartoTracks
We haven't a website yet but are working on that. Address will be cartotracks.com
We can be found on facebook so give us a like if you like.

It's a fledgling business right now but could use some support. If you know of a park that needs a better map, please encourage them to contact me.
We can do just about any kind of mapping as well beyond 4wd parks. Hunting land, whatever. Trust me, we're waaaaay cheaper than a surveyor too.

Thanks, y'all.
Enjoy the new maps.

Thanks y'all.

We still need to create a "downtown" Hawk Pride map that will be a zoomed in view of what you'll find immediately when you get into the park.
(Where to check in, park, dock the RV, camp, the MX track for those inclined, etc)

Any encouragement y'all can give to park owners would be appreciated. Direct them to the maps we've already completed.
Having a good, accurate, easy to navigate map goes a long way with people and speaks well for the parks themselves.
I hope that we can fill this void.

Way too much work for a rather small club and insurance coverage (to satisfy some concerned members) were what killed it.

It kinda just got too big for us. Lots of work. Frankly, I've enjoyed getting my summers back.

....but that's another discussion.

smurfy90 said:
what ever happened to king of the hill races?

10-4 on that I raced at the one in 07 and that was one FUN ASS WEEKEND right there :****:

........only place I ever camped in the Southeast and looked outta my tent in the morning to see a a moose or elk er somthing was LOOKIN at me :eek:

GOOD DEAL on the park mapping yall :dblthumb:

zukiscott said:
........only place I ever camped in the Southeast and looked outta my tent in the morning to see a a moose or elk er somthing was LOOKIN at

Trippin on shrooms?

muddinmetal said:
I love yall's new HP park map, I wish you could get Hale mtn in on the party...

That's what I was thinking as I read the op molaugh

Only been once, but that place looked like it would take quite awhile to learn by heart. I felt lost the whole time I was there :****: :drinkers:

muddinmetal said:
I love yall's new HP park map, I wish you could get Hale mtn in on the party...

I offered to do a complete trail map for Hale on trade for some weekend passes and they didnt bite. The lady at the front desk seemed set on doing it herself.

i believe that they have had a couple of bad experiences with folks not coming through on the whole map thing..............

Hale has in fact had a bad experience.

We, too, have offered our services to them. Furthermore, we've ensured them that they don't owe a dime until they are fully satisfied with the map. We stand by our word on that.

Ball is in their court.

You either have the most bad assed rig on earth, or you did a fair amount of walking to map Hawk Pride.

Ha! That's funny John.

I have a secret weapon.

Proprietary information. ;)

Get me the next map lined up and I'll tell you what it is. thumb.gif

Didn't walk much at all. Just the absolute hardest stuff.

CartoTracks said:
Hale has in fact had a bad experience.

We, too, have offered our services to them. Furthermore, we've ensured them that they don't owe a dime until they are fully satisfied with the map. We stand by our word on that.

Ball is in their court.

Id say that most people who have offered are people that are running around with recreational grade GPS units and its off the shelf mapping solution. Those are the same folks that claim they can do websites and graphic design but dont have an actual portfolio to show. It makes it impossible for those that actually do those types of work professionally to get a foot in the door. End Rant...

From one cartographer to another, I like your work! :dblthumb: I have some questions for you. PM incoming.