• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Parts to start a bouncer build?

Tylerf06

Fixin to start gathering up my parts to start my build and was wondering what would be best to start with? I know i want a dana 60 hp up front and probably a 14 bolt in the rear. Is there a certain 14 bolt that i should use? probably gonna run a 205 transfer case but is there a certain one that is better than the rest? Motor wise i am a ford guy but i wouldnt mind running a ls if its easier and cheaper to use. And for the trans im not really sure? I have a lathe, milling machine, welder and plasma cutter and have access to a new jd2 bender and notcher and cnc plasma table.

U seem to have advantages of some good tools more than a lot of us :dblthumb: I would consider a lower gear t-case or make sure u got some woo pow out of that Ford . Don't get me wrong ol NP-205 is a tough one but gear ratio kinda high...Good luck with thew build !!! booyang booyang

Man i wish i could afford to do that right now cause i would in a heartbeat! You have a nice rig! im not in a big hurry to get it built. just gonna take my time and use the right parts from the start.

There are tons of ways to go about this. Many people will go and buy a parts vehicle. For instance, a '91 K30 will have a TBI V8, TH400, NP205, D60 and 14FF; and that's a good start.

Or, you could go the route that I have been going, and search for deals, piece by piece, and be a bit flexible. Your plans will change based off of what you find good deals on. Hell, I was originally going to go 5.0, C6, NP205, HP60, 10.5" ... But, due to the deals I found and plans changing, I am now going 5.3L, TH400, NP205, HP60/14FF w/ rear steer!

So many options out there. There's really no right or wrong answer...