• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pay attention to the weather 12/23/2015

L

lowbudgetjunk

Around Cullman, AL tomorrow we have TorCon numbers at or above 7. I know that includes Tennessee, Kentucky, Mississippi and parts of Georgia. Pay attention and take proper precautions. My store will be shutting down at the first sign of Tornadic activity and my wife and kids will be in the bunker. Be smart and be careful.

Looks like it could be a pretty bad storm, its been raining here since last night. I'm close enough to the beach that they usually pass over before getting to crazy though. You guys stay safe thumb.gif

Been unusually warm here, central/southeast Ky, 60°+ this week and rainy. Not typical weather for us this time of year for sure!

Re:

We're supposed to be traveling to west TN tomorrow for Christmas.

If **** actually manifests from this then I'll be sticking it out here.

this weather is horse ****. I went through all the tornados in 11 and have no interest in doing it again. unfortunately i don't have a bunker or access to one so guess it is what it is. ****ing hate this ****. all day tomorrow i'll be like a cat walking through a dog pound. **** this ****.

Re:

TBItoy said:
We're supposed to be traveling to west TN tomorrow for Christmas.

If **** actually manifests from this then I'll be sticking it out here.

I got a storm shelter if u get close by an need it!! Safe travels man.

TOR:CON for Birmingham up to 8. Please be safe fellas. I went and got one of my generators from the store, filled up my fuel, got food and water with batteries and a couple extra flashlights. I have a place to sleep that is concrete reinforced and mostly under ground. Don't get caught out in this mess.

d6df0abe62b19e521170c8a4aa19e6be.jpg

555e85ff5a112101b1215a918ca02e70.jpg

This is from a email from the NWS out of Huntsville. Should be getting a update later in the day.

Wait till your house gets blowed away by one of them muddin and youll understand. Especially if you have childern like my little girl that was terrified and had no idea what was going on and you feel like you cant do anything to protect them. Like jeeptj99 said I'm nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs right now

muddinmetal said:
Maybe it'd have to happen to me, but I am not weather phobic at all. It is gonna happen, just like death, why be scared of it?

Not scared, but prepared. Ask anyone that has been sucked out of their house, or close to it, felt the pressure as their house got ripped apart and they'll let you know that preparation and paying attention is key. We got hit in 11 and I had to climb to my family over trees and downed power lines. It'll change your outlook, i promise.

I also and in charge of a group of employees and have to make sure they and their families are safe. They have access to my parents storm shelter. Got to make sure if it does go south, that they have ample time to get out and get to safety.

One buddy works directly with EMA and they have been running drills and making sure generators have had all maintenance done. All vehicles are topped off and reserve fuel is ready. I'm ready as I can. Makes me not nervous and lets me watch out for others. Be careful Tyler, even if you don't want too :flipoff1:

jimbo0076 said:
Wait till your house gets blowed away by one of them muddin and youll understand. Especially if you have childern like my little girl that was terrified and had no idea what was going on and you feel like you cant do anything to protect them. Like jeeptj99 said I'm nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs right now

lowbudgetjunk said:
Not scared, but prepared. Ask anyone that has been sucked out of their house, or close to it, felt the pressure as their house got ripped apart and they'll let you know that preparation and paying attention is key. We got hit in 11 and I had to climb to my family over trees and downed power lines. It'll change your outlook, i promise.

You know I respect both of y'all and didn't mean anything personal by it I hope. I am all for being prepared. I have a really good friend who has to take a Xanax or 5 every time the wind blows now and I hate that he reacts that way, but I guess life is all about what you've been through

muddinmetal said:
You know I respect both of y'all and didn't mean anything personal by it I hope. I am all for being prepared. I have a really good friend who has to take a Xanax or 5 every time the wind blows now and I hate that he reacts that way, but I guess life is all about what you've been through

I'm not scared of dying I just don't want to die after being thrown 2 miles with a tree limb shoved up my ass or something. I missed being outside in 11 by maybe 20 seconds. It messes with your head bad. To this day I can still hear the screams from my neighbors and the sound of chain saws in the dar or. Asking about someone down the road and having people tell you that his house is completely gone and there's no sign of him. Or hearing about people that were helping clean up and flipped over a piece of plywood and there was a severed head under it. It ****s with you. The 5 seconds of the tornados is nothing compared to the months of bull **** after. I don't think my parents still have some of the **** straightened out from that night.

Re: Re: Pay attention to the weather 12/23/2015

muddinmetal said:
I understand you, we had to cut out of our road after the last tornado, houses a 1/4 mile from me were completely destroyed. My wife literally starts shaking when the wind starts howling and the clouds start moving fast now.

I just picked up some generator gas and some basics. Sharpened the saw and strapped it and a cooler of water to the rock crawler (figure it's the most likely to still be drivable if the house gets hit) and put our go-bag and motorcycle helmets in the bathroom in the center of the house.

the thing that bothers me, is I don't trust the news outlets, tv channels need ratings, and I think these stations sometimes exaggerate the severity of weather to get people to tune in, and if you think about it a time like Christmas when they know everyone is going to be home and inside anyways is a wonderful time to grab some numbers

Theyre real bad up here in ohio in the winter, they get people in a craze saying a foot of snow and we get a inch, walmart benefits greatly from this with everybody stocking up for the apocalypse, just keep ur eye to the sky and ride it out, dorothy did!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk