• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

PCM/VCM reflash--who?

crash2

-Oh no I picked a side-
So getting the motor ripped out of the doner truck and will need toe vcm reflashed. Who is doing it these days and anybody local?

I think you can run a 96 ecu and swap 2 grounds on the ecu plug iirc. Gets around everything. Unless the reprogram is cheap. I think I have 2 extra 98 ecu's if you need a spare.

I think you can run a 96 ecu and swap 2 grounds on the ecu plug iirc. Gets around everything. Unless the reprogram is cheap. I think I have 2 extra 98 ecu's if you need a spare.

I have been reading on what it would take to do it myself. But I want the thing cleaned out of all unnecessary diagnostics like egr, evap and three way catalyst plus the passlock system. If its reasonable I can just have it done--still researching the what ifs and cost's...

Perfect wayne got back to me regarding turning on fan control with my pcm...

So I will be looking at turning off egr,evap,3 way catalyst, tranny control and speed input and then having the fan come on like 200...

Perfect wayne got back to me regarding turning on fan control with my pcm...

So I will be looking at turning off egr,evap,3 way catalyst, tranny control and speed input and then having the fan come on like 200...

Downstream O2s also, right?

So the one and only thing I forgot and I have to email wayne was the fan on/off temps.

So I wanna run a 195 t-stat. In the old rig I ran a 180 with fan on at 200. I found in cold temps like below freezing the heater just wasn't hot enough and I would turn the fan off to raise the temps.. So for fan control what would you suggest on at 210 and off at 200?

So the one and only thing I forgot and I have to email wayne was the fan on/off temps.

So I wanna run a 195 t-stat. In the old rig I ran a 180 with fan on at 200. I found in cold temps like below freezing the heater just wasn't hot enough and I would turn the fan off to raise the temps.. So for fan control what would you suggest on at 210 and off at 200?

Ask Wayne to look mine up, I don't recall what it is but works great.