• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Performance Q's

JPTHING

I just bought a tow rig last week, and it has some Edge programmer, but it still isn't enough, I am considering the Banks Big Hoss kit, but I would like some input. This is my first Diesel, so I need suggestions. Is there something better than the Big Hoss kit, for about the same cost?

If you want to bend over, keep your pants up or down, doesn't really matter. And grasp something really hard while getting pounded.. Then Banks is the ultimate!!

But yea what ya got? I can spend your money well :redneck:

1999 F350 Crewcab Dually 4x4 w/ 7.3l PS 4" exhaust. Other than that I don't know much more about it. I know it is not a 12v Dodge but it is the next best thing. Plus the 12v didn't come with 4 big doors(except in the ugly version).

hell I got nothin.. It depends on how much you really want.. Most people just go with the normal box,intake,exhaust. If you want some decent power, you NEED injectors. But most people aren't willing to fork over the money it takes to put injectors in a powerstroke. They are not cheap, no matter which ones you get. Another option is a Cummins dropped in the powerstrokes place.. A lot of people frown on it and whine when it's mentioned.. But I know SO many people that have dumped a ton of cash into the powerstrokes.. and are still wanting more without being able to get it. And it would have been cheaper to just drop in the cummins. It's not that difficult either.

Another option is a Cummins dropped in the powerstrokes place..

I would feel like I was cheating on my Ford(even though I love Dodges also). I priced Injectors for $2500, which is much cheaper than the Big Hoss kit. I think for about $5k, I could pretty much get a substantial improvement(turbo, injectors, intercooler, upgrade to 5" exhaust, maybe even a different chip).

Since you have a Ford the first thing to worry about is the tranny. They suck in stock form I have an 02 and mine is almost gone. Upgrade the cooler at least. Second get some guages then worry about a chip or programmer. If it was me I would get a chip and some injectors. You already have the exhaust the 5 inch will not gain much if any at all over the 4. Do you have a 4 inch downpipe to? If not get one. There are so many options out there it will make your head spin. You can also check out this site http://nwforddiesel.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl
There are alot of people on there from up your direction. Good luck!

Go to the giesel site and read read read. You can get good power for less than $5000..........
If you want to work on your truck often go ahead and drop in that cummins.:haha:

Go to the giesel site and read read read. You can get good power for less than $5000..........
If you want to work on your truck often go ahead and drop in that cummins.:haha:

It's called "modify", we have the option :fawkdancesmiley:

And good power for less then 5k :wtf: . I don't think I have even hit that mark yet with everything on my truck.

That's funny....who's truck just **** it's auto tranny :haha: :haha: :fawkdancesmiley: