• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Express Diesel Services/ Smokin' Diesel Performance & Off-Road

wizzo

Anyone familiar with them in Birmingham? PM me if you are please.

3110 Pinson Valley Pkwy
Birmingham, AL 35217

Owners name is Zach Stribling

I've been looking for a decent small diesel shop In Birmingham for damn near 10 years...
I still haven't found anyone who will do what they say they will.

Eddyj said:
I've been looking for a decent small diesel shop In Birmingham for damn near 10 years...
I'm still haven't to found anyone who will do what they say they will.

Yep, I went through several diesel shops\mechanics and never could find anybody that was good enough.

As far as your Dodge Cummins trucks I can do alot of stuff on them. Taught myself/learned by working on my own stuff the past 7 years. You still got my number?

Did I see you in Cullman today in that Ford F450 or 550 with the custom bed on it?

I got the hook up on a Duramax, this boy started working at the Chevy store fresh out of school, about the time the Duramax came out, that is all he has touched in 15 years, I believe you could blind fold him and he could put one back together, he is very good and knowledgable and works on them in the afternoon after he gets off. Plus he has access to all the latest and greatest GM tools.

MoparMan no my f550 hasn't moved in 3 months. I put a new hpop on it. Oil cooler. 187 sensors. New air ride system.
Still needs someone who knows more about 7.3s to look it over.
I have 4 03-05 Cummins that I work on myself. They are pretty easy to trouble shoot. My problem is my business takes up all my time. I'm willing to pay for quality work, because my time is better used maintaining my equipment that is making money.

There was a guy on 157 north of cullman who put some duramax injectors in for me. He was cool.

Eddyj said:
MoparMan no my f550 hasn't moved in 3 months. I put a new hpop on it. Oil cooler. 187 sensors. New air ride system.
I have 4 03-05 Cummins that I work on myself. They are pretty easy to trouble shoot. My problem is my business takes up all my time. I'm willing to pay for quality work, because my time is better used maintaining my equipment that is making money.

There was a guy on 157 north of cullman who put some duramax injectors in for me. He was cool.

Oh ok, well I seen one just like it today. I completely understand, just keep me in mind if you need some work done on the Cummins trucks.

They are / were :dunno: just up the road from our dealership. They looked busy a couple of months back, but I drove by there last week and the only sign of diesel repair was what looked part of a obs superduty ouside. Can get pics if needed.

Diesel South in Trussville. I have known him for years. He does great work and is fair on prices. 1 205 508 5138

mudmaniac said:
Diesel South in Trussville. I have known him for years. He does great work and is fair on prices. 1 205 508 5138

Ohhh yeah,
Must be fairly new, I've never noticed a shop in that area.
Tell your boy to get on here and tell us how awesome he is. This forum is in desperate need of a diesel shop in Bham

Eddyj said:

Whats your 7.3 doing or not doing? I know a little about them from working on the one I drive everyday. I have had a couple 7.3s over the past 15 years or so and worked on them as needed. I bought the AutoEnginuity software with the Ford Bundle to trouble shoot them. Currently chasing down some shorted wiring on a 1997 7.3L for a friend of mine to get his truck running. I know enough to be dangerous, but have the capability to pull the codes and monitor several things for troubleshooting. If you need to hook it up to a computer let me know, I'm in the Birmingham area.

Yellowyj said:
Whats your 7.3 doing or not doing? I know a little about them from working on the one I drive everyday. I have had a couple 7.3s over the past 15 years or so and worked on them as needed. I bought the AutoEnginuity software with the Ford Bundle to trouble shoot them. Currently chasing down some shorted wiring on a 1997 7.3L for a friend of mine to get his truck running. I know enough to be dangerous, but have the capability to pull the codes and monitor several things for troubleshooting. If you need to hook it up to a computer let me know, I'm in the Birmingham area.
Wiring harness is wrecked. I'm thinking about replacing it before I do much more.
Where you is?

Eddyj said:
Wiring harness is wrecked. I'm thinking about replacing it before I do much more.
Where you is?

I ended up replacing the engine wiring harness on the my truck. Was easy to do, but not a cheap part (was around $400-500 I think), only took an hour or two to swap out. Mine was brittle and starting to break apart. Started out replacing a few pigtails and then replaced it all as I would fix on spot and another spot would break up. The 1997 I've been working on for a friend of mine had some diesel leak down onto the wiring in the valley and when I pulled the loom back on it the wires were all exposed and fried together, going to try replacing the damaged pigtails and cross my fingers on that truck. I live in Hayden but work in Birmingham.