• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Peterbilt flatbed

@Zjman do you think this will have bad tail swing?

Attachments

• PXL_20210918_212724431.jpg
    PXL_20210918_212724431.jpg
    533.8 KB · Views: 333
Being you're hauling a fairly light buggy I doubt you will have any tail swing. I'd guess that be just enough to keep the suspension settled, I'd think it should ride pretty good

as far as coils I have hauled em outta Michigan, Ohio and Kentucky and Tennessee. We been so busy I don't haul steel no more. Thank god

Being you're hauling a fairly light buggy I doubt you will have any tail swing. I'd guess that be just enough to keep the suspension settled, I'd think it should ride pretty good

as far as coils I have hauled em outta Michigan, Ohio and Kentucky and Tennessee. We been so busy I don't haul steel no more. Thank god
Thanks, I was just worried with my camper, don't want to mess it up.

I work at Nucor, in Arkansas was why I was asking

Well a buddy of mine owns a truck repair business and has a bunch of salvage trucks. So we are going to stretch the the frame 4-5 foot. And may do away with the dove tail on the bed, not sure though. Going to see after we get it stretched

Well a buddy of mine owns a truck repair business and has a bunch of salvage trucks. So we are going to stretch the the frame 4-5 foot. And may do away with the dove tail on the bed, not sure though. Going to see after we get it stretched
That sounds like a better plan!

Thanks, I was just worried with my camper, don't want to mess it up.

I work at Nucor, in Arkansas was why I was asking
Been to quite a few Nucor plants over the years. Looks like ur building a bad ass Crawler hauler :dblthumb:

What were the specs (motor, trans, miles, axle weights and overall weights) on the Pete?

With it being for personal use, do you have to do anything special about registration or endorsements since I assume it has air brakes?

What were the specs (motor, trans, miles, axle weights and overall weights) on the Pete?

With it being for personal use, do you have to do anything special about registration or endorsements since I assume it has air brakes?
8.3 Cummins deleted and tuned to 360hp
10spd man.
20k rear; 4:10s
Don't remember the front axle weight
Truck weighs 14k

I got it tagged as a pickup, had to sign a document saying that I would not be using it, to make a profit.

8.3 Cummins deleted and tuned to 360hp
10spd man.
20k rear; 4:10s
Don't remember the front axle weight
Truck weighs 14k

I got it tagged as a pickup, had to sign a document saying that I would not be using it, to make a profit.
Good deal on all of the above and was curious about tagging regulations.

There is a guy in Almyra Arkansas who will stretch it for $3500 bucks. He has done a ton of trucks for me. We have to stretch them to put fertilizer tender beds on them. It is pretty simple. Stagger cut the frame, insert new section of frame plate both sides, a few big bolts and some really good welds and you're golden. As far as weight, we hang 4500lb Moffett lifts off the back of our trucks and they do fine.

Looks good, I've drove class a for the last 13 years. No more than the buggy weights like money pit said you could hang it on the back and be alright

Looks good, I've drove class a for the last 13 years. No more than the buggy weights like money pit said you could hang it on the back and be alright
Thanks, the weight wasn't as big of a concern, more so than tail swing pulling my camper and messing up the tongue on it. When I worked for the railroad, I drove truck and those big gang trucks had a lot of bed behind the axle and would swing bad. I went and found some frame and driveshafts today, after I get done with with the outage at work, we are going to get started on it.

Started the top deck. I know the tubing is a little rusty but not a grinder and wire wheel can't handle. I got 10 sticks of 2x2x1/8 for hundred dollars from a guy at work. I bought 3 sticks of 2x3x3/16 and 5, 4x8 sheets of 1/8 from local steel store for $2300, so I didn't mind cleaning up some rust to save money

Attachments

• PXL_20211004_234504264.jpg
    PXL_20211004_234504264.jpg
    301 KB · Views: 173

Latest posts