• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

phase 4 into phase 5...dealing with lift and 35"

TooRisky

My rig is a 85 4Runner, I have just finished regearing to 5.29:1, ARB, Lockrite, and longfields to the hub gears...Now it is time to take it up 2 inchs more...I have 3.5 skyjacker in the front, and 63" chevy springs in the rear and is a perfect setup, nice and level, but I want to go to 35" tires so I need another 2" vertical for them to fit...without a body lift, and not buying new front and rear springs are shackles my only options and what size. All options will be considered.

Thanks in advance...

To get 2" of lift out of shackles, you would need them 4" longer. Longer shackles will mess up your pinion angles without shims or spring pad correction. You could do 1" thick spacer/add-a leafs and 2" longer shackles all around. This would also require longer spring centerpins and u-bolts. Machine the 1" spacers with a taper for pinion angle correction. Make sure the drivelines have enough slip yoke travel too, and front CV droop. Your rear shocks look to short. Try and move your front axle forward 1" also.

Last edited:
Another option if you are a good fabber, is use 2" longer shackles, and drop the mounting holes for the other end of the springs 2", matching the lengthened shackles....would require some re-enforcement of said dropped mounts, but pretty easily achievable...if you trust your, or a friend's fab skills.....

I looked at your 4runner when it was at Bobs being worked on, it is set up nice!:awesomework:

Latest posts