• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

pheasant hunting on the west side

never got a chance to make it out last weekend, did you go hunting?

Yeah, my dog flushed two, but they were low fliers through the brush, never had a shot. I am just glad he remembered what to smell for.

These guys flushed this one bird up and they missed, then as it was flying the length of the field, in typical west side fashion, about 7 dudes open up on the sucker as it was flying by. And me on the opposite side of the field got pelted with steel shot.

Didn't shoot anything, but it was a good day just watching my dog work.

Yeah, my dog flushed two, but they were low fliers through the brush, never had a shot. I am just glad he remembered what to smell for.

These guys flushed this one bird up and they missed, then as it was flying the length of the field, in typical west side fashion, about 7 dudes open up on the sucker as it was flying by. And me on the opposite side of the field got pelted with steel shot.

Didn't shoot anything, but it was a good day just watching my dog work.

did you break any faces:corn:

if it's not pooring friday or saturday morning i will be out there?

No, no faces broken. Turns out it was a chick and she was with two big dudes and all three had shotguns. I weighed my options and decided I couldn't re-load the side by side fast enough.

I wasn't pissed about it, they were a long way off......... meh.....

I was in Florence this last weekend, so I couldn't make it, but I will be out there sunday morning.

No, no faces broken. Turns out it was a chick and she was with two big dudes and all three had shotguns. I weighed my options and decided I couldn't re-load the side by side fast enough.

I wasn't pissed about it, they were a long way off......... meh.....

I was in Florence this last weekend, so I couldn't make it, but I will be out there sunday morning.

i went out on sunday around 2 mostly just to get the dog out, if i saw a bird great but i figured i wouldn't.. long story short there were a suprising amount of people there and i shot one bird:cool: fillet'd it and had pheasent and chips:redneck: it was actually really good:beer: i was leavin my car for the last push and i nice solid axle runne came in with a dog in the car, nice tube bumper ect.. i was thinkin it might have been you but i guess not... what time sunday are you going to be there? are you odd or even days

I'll be there at 8, I am odd. I will be in the green danger ranger. (2wd)

I have to leave at 9 though, got to go wedding food tasting. :looser:

Where do you park at? First lot, middle field, back lot? I think I will hit the first lot Sunday. (closest to the bridge)

Congrats on the bird. :awesomework: It's fun to go through late in the day and pick up scraps.

I'll be there at 8, I am odd. I will be in the green danger ranger. (2wd)

I have to leave at 9 though, got to go wedding food tasting. :looser:

Where do you park at? First lot, middle field, back lot? I think I will hit the first lot Sunday. (closest to the bridge)

Congrats on the bird. :awesomework: It's fun to go through late in the day and pick up scraps.

ok iwill be there around 730 do you have a dog? ya i will be parked at the main lot, and i would like to be one of the first to push the corn as that seams to be a good spot if you are the first one through

ok iwill be there around 730 do you have a dog? ya i will be parked at the main lot, and i would like to be one of the first to push the corn as that seams to be a good spot if you are the first one through

I'll see you there, and I'll bring the Captian Morgan........ <--- That's the dog.

You driving the Saturn wagon?

some shits come up and i have to work tomorrow so it looks like i won't be able to make it out there after all:mad: good luck bro catch you on the next trip:beer:

I saw some people shoot some birds, does that count? I also saw a nice 2-point on the way out there.... he looked tasty.

Have fun at work. :beer:

Latest posts