• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

photo hosting sites

sledneck

I think I'm done with photobucket :flipgotcha: The site has been **** for months. So what are my options for hosting pics to put on forums? I plan to use it mostly from a home PC so I don't really need to worry about mobile stuff I will use Instagram for that stuff. Is smug mug worth paying for?

Man, it's hard to conjur up words to describe how shitty Photobucket has gotten. I just choose to deal with it and upload photos here via Tapatalk. I still add to photo albums on photobucket, but I no longer use it to share photos. I know image shack used to be used a lot, but not sure if it is still a good site, or equally as shitty as photobucket.

I almost posted this last night, Photobucket has sucked overtime I have tried to use it lately. Took me an hour to host one picture. I thought it was my MAC the whole time.

I know you said you aren't interested in mobile stuff, assuming meaning Tapatalk, but I would definitely look into that before paying for a smug mug account. When I first started using Tapatalk a few years ago, it kinda sucked compared to how it functions today. So back then, I would surf hardline via laptop at home or desktop at work, then if I wanted to post a pic, I would type on pc then go back and use Tapatalk just to post the pic. Now Tapatalk functions pretty damn good, the photo uploader is much more simple than before and is easy to learn. If you spend most of your time on here via home pc but still have a smartphone, it would be worth downloading Tapatalk to share photos straight from your phone, then you can go about uploading them in photobucket, instagram, facebook or whatever to save them. Now if you are uploading and needing to host photos taken via digital camera, that's different....but if you are taking the photos you want to share with your smartphone, I can't think of an easier way to share pictures than via Tapatalk.

The photobucket app for smartphone sucks pretty bad too, but suffices 10x better than the website for creating albums. Just open up app, create/select folder, and upload photos straight from phone all at one time. I do that to save my pictures, then use Tapatalk if I want to upload any here.

I think I paid a one time fee of maybe $3 for the Tapatalk Pro app.

Anyways, good luck to you. Photobucket has awesome potential, they have just drowned their pages with ads and such to the point of running everybody off, sadly.

I have no issues at all using photobucket on my phone using their app. The website is terrible, pop-ups, memory leaks, crashes, etc.

The app freezes and randomly crashes (closes) on my Galaxy S5? Updated it several times over the past couple years, always been the same. Maybe my phone sucks?

I haven't used the Photobucket app on my phone recently but I have never had problems with it in the past.

I still use photobucket, I don't want to fool with moving all my crap to another site. The problem with photobucket is the same problem with a lot of websites. Everybody learns how to use the original version and it is simple and just plain works, then over time they change things thinking it makes it better and it doesn't. So a few years later the site just starts to be less user friendly and more about how stupid can we make it. When Mitchell on demand changed all their site up 3 or so years ago it was a huge pain in the ass to relearn and I use it sometimes for hours a day.

I swapped over to Imgur.com. Faster and almost nothing for advertisements. Works great and is setup like the old photobucket with all the links right on the same page as the pictures.

I keep my photobucket only for photos I've already uploaded. No reason to swap everything over.

toreadorranger said:
I swapped over to Imgur.com. Faster and almost nothing for advertisements. Works great and is setup like the old photobucket with all the links right on the same page as the pictures.

I keep my photobucket only for photos I've already uploaded. No reason to swap everything over.
Can you have private albums on imgur? I looked at it real quick and didn't see where you could do that. I did not register so I could be 100% wrong.

This is exactly why I stopped messing with forums etc. Insta and FB make it so easy to load pics and generally most the stuff people put on forums they add to thier social media stuff . Its just to easy. Youll rarely catch any tech or good discussion is the downfall.. and the same fuggin memes reposted 50 times :gay: I used to have a desk job and lived on a laptop and PC so it wasnt an issue. But via phone always , I aint fighting to add pics. Maybe Ill look into the photobucket app but last I used it I had nothing but problems.

sledneck said:
Can you have private albums on imgur? I looked at it real quick and didn't see where you could do that. I did not register so I could be 100% wrong.

Yes there is options to make albums both hidden and secret, Im not sure the difference yet.

edit: Hidden it wont show up on your public profile link, but you can send the URL for the album to others, Secret only you can see and you have to be logged in to do so (recommend all your **** Pics go in one of these :flipoff1:)

Since we are on the topic, if I remember correctly we use to not have to use photobucket to post pics on here? correct me if Im wrong. Why is it required now to use a photo hosting site now?