• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

picked up my LQ4 wiring questions

kensdodge1

watched a few vids on youtube on this seems pretty easy. Whos built there own harness?
FILE0257_zpsc6567d13.jpg

if you have a wiring diagram and know what you are doing, it is not hard at all. luckily I know a guy that has access to diagrams and knows what he's doing. i helped him with my lq4 harness and I've helped him on a couple others for guys we ride with. if you decide not to give it a try, I can get you in touch with him. his price is very reasonable and he has done quite a few.

I cut down my own harness in my living room. Like it was already said, if you have the pinouts for the ECM, it really isnt that hard. That being said, for my buggy build I bought a harness pre-made from these guys http://psiconversion.com/ The harness is awesome their prices are very reasonable compared to alot of the other companies out there.

Brian

I did my harness also. If you do your own, take it slow and triple check everything. Make sure all the wires will reach before you do the wrap.

Save yourself the time and hassle and call JIMS Performance in MD and he will hook you up. I did that and it was the best choice i made. i would do it again everytime.

I did my own. a subscription to your donor vehicle on alldatadiy.com will be INFINITELY helpful both for doing it and repairs in the future. I am VERY glad I did it myself. The harness is cut down and fit perfectly for my rig along with a few accessories that I added directly in with it. Knowing my harness inside and out I can hone in on wiring problems quicker than most GM techs can. I paid very close attention to detail, triple checked everything, and my junk fired and and ran perfect the first time I turned it over.

Over half of it.

This pic was before I tidy'ed everything up, but the box on the top is all the **** that came off, the harness on the bottom is what I used.

SDC11216.JPG

More details if anyone cares:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/general-4x4-discussion/881167-my-ls2-harness-diy-chop.html

Everything in my harness is perfectly fit to my rig as a result of doing it myself. As a result you would be hard-pressed to even SEE much of my wiring when looking at the engine.

I would say about 40% of the entire stock harness actually runs the engine. Another 40% runs the trans and the rest is a/c and other peripheral stuff you don't need. My ECM is an e40 with 3 plugs. One of them had like 56 pins in it and I only ended up using like 4 of them. :)