• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pics from top of izzy

We tried sunday and I busted the right front stub shaft and the right rear brake line about half way up the water running part of the trail, need bigger tires than 32's.

Thats why I stated anything below 38's and you are asking from trouble. Plus any front edge low laying sheet metal will gt destroyed...

Booniebuster and I, in my truck, were almost out of the first portion of where the water is running down the middle of the trail, almost to the old log bridge, and broke 4 teeth off my rear ring gear. I was lucky to drive it back to the parking area...
As far as hanging up on stuff, it wasn't too bad. Are y'all talking about above the old log bridge, where you would "need" 38's?

Booniebuster and I, in my truck, were almost out of the first portion of where the water is running down the middle of the trail, almost to the old log bridge, and broke 4 teeth off my rear ring gear. I was lucky to drive it back to the parking area...
As far as hanging up on stuff, it wasn't too bad. Are y'all talking about above the old log bridge, where you would "need" 38's?

How long did it take you? How much stacking and/or winching did you do? Maybe the condition of the trail was beyond the capability of your rig? What size tire were you running? Was this a case of stack it till you make it, or was it driver skill and properly equiped rig?

Crash, this is not directed at you, BUT......
telling people who have tires less than what you state are needed and saying they should not go there is an infringment on their liberties as an American!
isnt that what everyone keeps saying on here.

"i can go, where i want, when i want, with whatever i want?"

for give the sarcazim and i know Crash was just trying to save people time & damage but it strikes me funny that when it suits, some feel they can get on people for doing exactly what they say is ok for them.

for give the sarcazim and i know Crash was just trying to save people time & damage but it strikes me funny that when it suits, some feel they can get on people for doing exactly what they say is ok for them.

Thats the only reason I said it mark---

The holes and ledges are pretty big--I even got stuck good a few times and took some wiggling to get myself out ..

And the climb where the landslide took a huge chunk of earth is also brutal--very steep, very big rocks and no good winch points--you either drive it or don't. It took all of a # of attempts to get up and I had the smallest tires of the bunch..

Not trying to dis anybody but just the facts and the reality of it...

And JThompson I suspect you didn't get up the ledge near the bridge--thats a fubar section and can easily swallow a 38" tire...

We tried sunday and I busted the right front stub shaft and the right rear brake line about half way up the water running part of the trail, need bigger tires than 32's.

To the warranty claims Dept......
"I noticed some kids checkin out my vehicle at the Everett Mall parking lot, and when I went to leave, I heard this loud 'pop'. took a look, and there was this huge chunk of steel jammed into my front axle"---"damn kids anyway"!!!:redneck:

It sucks you broke...BUT....where you broke saved you from a much worse fate.As you get past where you turned around the water gets alot deeper,the holes and ledges get way bigger and alot more big logs to deal with.It's really hard to see WTF is going on with 3+ feet of water raging over the trail. My 39.5's would just dissapear unexpectedly and I "thought" I was on a good line.

With the amount of water flowing down through there the trail will continue to change from day to day.....some spots will get worse and some will improve.....meh.

Sooooooo..... what you guys are saying is the trail is actually challenging now?? :popcorn: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Crash, what i said was not really aimed at your opening comments, i agree with you, and caution threads like this one should definitly be posted and listened to. the pictures were perfect to back up your statements. i was just making the comment that in some threads people say "I can do what i want and you dont matter" (parafrasing, not actual statements) and then in the next thread give peple a bad time for doing exactly what they themsevles say is their "God given right as an American"

The thing is Dirtball I don't think anyone is telling anyone else that they can't do anything. Their just using their god given right to call those people stupid for trying.:awesomework:

It sucks you broke...BUT....where you broke saved you from a much worse fate.As you get past where you turned around the water gets alot deeper,the holes and ledges get way bigger and alot more big logs to deal with.It's really hard to see WTF is going on with 3+ feet of water raging over the trail. My 39.5's would just dissapear unexpectedly and I "thought" I was on a good line.

With the amount of water flowing down through there the trail will continue to change from day to day.....some spots will get worse and some will improve.....meh.

That is the kind of info I'm looking for.

*scratches izzy off of the list.*