• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pinto Bouncer "Mean Bean"

I closed in the tunnel in between the seats but it looks like hell so no pics of it, I'm not patient enough for sheet metal. I did fab up my shifter for the trans but I have to change the bushing setup on the shifter itself to a fixed bushing. Wanted to capture the ole pistol grip look so this is what I came up with.

Like I said the steering joint will be removed from the shifter and a fixed bushing will take it's place. The round tube was just for mock up to see if it would work, I'll replace it with something beefier. This granny stick now has a short throw shifter!!! thumb.gif

All welding except engine compartment done, fuel tank, radiator and fans mounted, 2 more pieces of sheet metal inside and it's done, injected motor goes in next week. Start radiator hoses, exhaust and wiring after that and when steering column and high steer arms show up I'll get front end built and steering done. Hopefully in the next few weeks I'll have it ready to move on its own.

Shotty tin work I know but it will get the job done and I'm not building a show ride by any means.

That's one badass pinto. DAMN I never thought I would hear myself say that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CHASMAN9 said:
Are you going to be running doors and if so, SUICIDE?! Too cool.............. :dblthumb: :dblthumb: :dblthumb: :dblthumb:

Yea the doors, front fenders and trunk are going back on it. No suicide doors though, I'm sick of working on this thing now so no more fab. Swapping motors this week and will be putting skins, wheels and tires on for my grand opening at my shop this weekend. I'll get some pics of it then, I have an idea of how it's going to look but can't wait to actually see it.

fordcontraption01 said:
Please hurry up can't wait to see it finished :popcorn:

I can't wait to have it finished!!! Steadily running into problems with my motor/trans setup, SUCKS not having any money to buy the parts I need to make everything smooth. I got the new motor in but the clutch hits my bellhousing so I gotta see what I can do about running a different clutch now. I'm putting the doors and fenders on tomorrow then the wheels and tires Thursday and then I'm done messing with it for a little while, getting seriously burnt out on it.