• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pirate infected?

You get out what you put in on Pirate. Its like Karma. Add value, extract value.

If you never add tech dont expect to just hop over and say "help me fix "X" on my "X". And get people just hopping to, to help YOU! :mad:
Search!!!! If you arent willing to part with the $20 for a star to quickly and endlessly search. Try using Google " Pirate4x4 problem "X" and if you find a few solutions think about joining the $20 club to ensure that **** perpetuates.

Now you got your solution, how about you post back up what you found out, how it worked, or what you did different so others can learn from your experience.

I am just so ****ing tired of the PBB hate bullshit, you're damn right you'll get lambasted if you prairie dog up outta your hole to say "guys fix my ****" and then duck back down. No one is here to serve you, you arent owed ****. Get out what you put in.
****ing extension of entitlement knows no bounds huh??? :afro:

patooyee said:
I realize that Pirate can have some idiots on it (Hardline doesn't have ANY, right?) but do ya'll realize how you sound like little bitches sitting here and complaining about it in all these threads where you think no one from Pirate is going to see? I've met people from here in real life who won't go on Pirate to find a solution to a real-world problem. They would rather waste money and time chasing their tail than go on Pirate where there is a thread with a 5-minute 100% effective fix. I've literally had this conversation with people:

People: I've got this problem, had it for years, don't know why.
Me: Search on Pirate. I saw a thread where someone had that same problem and fixed it with ease.
People: Oh, I don't go on Pirate.

That is sofa king dumb. No one says you have to participate. Just use it as the tool it is and prosper. Don't expect daisies and roses and if you ain't got nuthin' good to say, don't say nuthin'. It didn't become what it is because it sucks. Is it what it used to be? No. Is what it used to be still archived there? Yes. People waste so much time in Gen Chit Chat. For what? Why? Gen 4x4 and some more niche sections that apply to you is all you need. Chit Chat is a waste of life. If you spend any time there and make that your general impression of Pirate its no wonder that you gain nothing from it.

It seems like hating on Pirate has become the cool thing to do recently. (Ironic since it is their hating that supposedly started it.) But to me, hating on Pirate is akin to hating on the encyclopedia, or hating knowledge or something. Yes, where there is honey there is bees. But THERE'S A BIG POT O' FREAKING HONEY AND ONLY PUSSIES ARE SCARED OF BEES!!!

Well said!!!!! Couldn't agree more... Seems most people get so used to following websites they forget they own a rig....

Humpy said:
Well said!!!!! Couldn't agree more... Seems most people get so used to following websites they forget they own a rig....

thumb.gif I've had coffee now, I shoulda toned that back a hair, but my point still stands.

There are guys on this board that if they post a tech question in Pirate Gen4x4, they will receive 100+ replies with great tech and banter of the tech, with little to zero bullshit.
How do you think they are able to do that, but you arent?

Re: Re: Pirate infected?

I dunno, I never really had a problem with pirate. I post tech on there, join in discussions, and even admit when I'm wrong about stuff.

But then again, my first post on there wasn't "How much lift for 33s?" Or "How do I do a straight axle swap?"

It's supposed to be a community of like-minded people, a place to go to get help and advice etc. not a "what have you done for me or else I won't help you" site. Many people go there who don't even use message boards often, it's one thing to have board etiquette but it's another to have etiquette to bash people over the head with.

InDaShop said:
thumb.gif I've had coffee now, I shoulda toned that back a hair, but my point still stands.

There are guys on this board that if they post a tech question in Pirate Gen4x4, they will receive 100+ replies with great tech and banter of the tech, with little to zero bullshit.
How do you think they are able to do that, but you arent?

Lol I have never had a problem with pirate I was agreeing with stated points and adding that I see a lot of people forgetting what the fun of the sport is all about and settling for talking about it on the internet.... It takes a lot less effort to talk about it then it does to turn wrenches and load trailers and go back to work Monday hungover and exhausted from the weekends festivities.... For me It's the time with friends and escaping reality and it don't matter what website it is... They all have web wheelers and haters