• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pitbull Tires

OlympicYJ

Is anyone in WA running Pitbull tires? I'm thinking the Rocker would be a good tire. My jeep is going to be daily driven for a while but I'm just looking toward the near future. Looking for mud and snow performance and what the road experience is like. Also what kind of mileage are you getting out of your Pitbull's?

Thanks for the info.

Wes :awesomework:

Is anyone in WA running Pitbull tires? I'm thinking the Rocker would be a good tire. My jeep is going to be daily driven for a while but I'm just looking toward the near future. Looking for mud and snow performance and what the road experience is like. Also what kind of mileage are you getting out of your Pitbull's?

Thanks for the info.

Wes :awesomework:

Dovetail96 has a set on his KOH truck but hasn't run them up here yet as far as I know.

For the limited time that I ran them, I liked em. I'll run them on the new machine, whenever that gets built.

Tires wore really well, rode very smooth without the roughness of Swamper bias characteristics. Got lots of rubber for floatation, although it may make you wider than you might want. These are just a little narrower than a bogger in general.

I liked them and I got a good price from tyres1.com (or something like that). These are better all around than any swamper I have ever driven.

They take quite a few runs to wear the sidewalls in, Once broke in they hook killer on most everything. Runnin in poop mud requires some hp since they clog pretty easy.

Break them in, break them in some more, then break them in one more time and they work.
Yes, Larry runs them (37" Rocker) on the KOH truck and hasn't ran them enough to get them fully broken in.
We are running the 35" Rockers on both stock mod rigs with great results. They do get clogged fairly easy in thick mud and clean out okay, on rocks and higher traction surface they really excel. They are not super sticky like a red label krawler or other comp. compounds, but they are dot tires. Like all tires they work better in certain conditions, in Perris, Ca both our rigs made some climbs easier than other tires (similar rig comparisons) and have some great sidewall traction.
Biggest gripe I have is they are wide (new sizes are always coming out) and they take some time to break in, definetly not a mount it and go with great results tire.

Thanks for the info.

Ok the breaking in matches everything I've been able to gather about them.

So two of you differ on the mud performance. Do they clean out easily or not? I don't have any ponies right now just the squirrel cage but In a few years I'll be getting a 350, hopefully. Do they pack up in the thick stuff just like any other tire would or do they have special fudge packing characteristics? lol

I want a wide tire for snow, mud, and gravel bars. I live right on the wynoochee river and on an 80 acre farm so breaking in is no big deal. Get home after work and go for it. High flotation on gravel is nice. That's where I like to go wheeling.

Hows the loose dirt perfomance? I'll be running 33s and the width is what I wanted. I'll have to get flares but that's no biggie.

Since no one has run a set out I guess I'll have to find out how they wear overall the hard way. I really want to try these tires but I like to see a product before I buy it.

Thanks for all your input.

Wes

Last edited:
You won't have too much trouble I think, the tires work well overall and should outpace the narrow tires in anything soft.

Thanks for the info guys.

Still not sure if I'm gonna go with coopers again or the pitbulls. That depends on what kind of job I get and what I decide as a career path in the immediate future. I may have to daily drive my jeep and I don't want to wear my tires out. I want to get a CTD that I can daily drive. I've been driving my squirrel cage softtop in Alaska and I'm tired of downshifting and the draftiness.

Thanks again,

Wes

For the limited time that I ran them, I liked em. I'll run them on the new machine, whenever that gets built.

Tires wore really well, rode very smooth without the roughness of Swamper bias characteristics. Got lots of rubber for floatation, although it may make you wider than you might want. These are just a little narrower than a bogger in general.

I liked them and I got a good price from tyres1.com (or something like that). These are better all around than any swamper I have ever driven.

Break them in, break them in some more, then break them in one more time and they work.
Yes, Larry runs them (37" Rocker) on the KOH truck and hasn't ran them enough to get them fully broken in.
We are running the 35" Rockers on both stock mod rigs with great results. They do get clogged fairly easy in thick mud and clean out okay, on rocks and higher traction surface they really excel. They are not super sticky like a red label krawler or other comp. compounds, but they are dot tires. Like all tires they work better in certain conditions, in Perris, Ca both our rigs made some climbs easier than other tires (similar rig comparisons) and have some great sidewall traction.
Biggest gripe I have is they are wide (new sizes are always coming out) and they take some time to break in, definetly not a mount it and go with great results tire.

Did you guys run them in the snow? If so how did they do? I'm looking at getting some snow tires and the Iroks or Rockers are on my site.

Did you guys run them in the snow? If so how did they do? I'm looking at getting some snow tires and the Iroks or Rockers are on my site.

they work great in the snow as long as you get them under 4psi. . .I run them almost flat.