• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

PitBull Tires

Kimber

I am looking for new tires for my yota and a good friend of mine said to check out PitBull tires...

anyone have any luck with them? I have found them on a few different websites but not sure of anyone knows any local stores that carries them. I am looking at the Rockers.

I have Toyo MTs on my jeep but they tend to get packed pretty easily and don't really clean out all that well.

Last edited:
My friends Yota runs them with open dif's and he seems to make it to places he shouldn't with out lockers. They look like they hook up really well. They are really wide however and ya, a little ugly too. I haven't priced them but I'm guessing that they aren't cheap either.

I have always been a swamper fan, and have never ran them, however Old Green on here and a few of the boys from down south use them and seem to like them. You might PM Old Green and see what he thinks, he is a pretty straight shooter, well other then sometimes he drives a ford....:;

Kimber why the growlers? I know of a place that sells them and runs them. Wheres Pat he should chime in.

Rockers work killer once there worn in. People freak out cause the tread design is soo wierd. They are pricey but if you find someone upsizing tires from a 37 to a 40 then you could probably buy the 4 of em for $800. That someone has a 17 inch rim.:D

Kimber why the growlers? I know of a place that sells them and runs them. Wheres Pat he should chime in.

good catch sorry notice what time i posted that was early in the morning lol. I meant I am looking at the Rockers lol.

Rockers work killer once there worn in. People freak out cause the tread design is soo wierd. They are pricey but if you find someone upsizing tires from a 37 to a 40 then you could probably buy the 4 of em for $800. That someone has a 17 inch rim.:D

very cool yeah, I am looking at honestly probably sticking 33's for awhile maybe 35's but no decisions yet. lol

I bought my set from tyres1.com . Shipping was cheap, price was excellent and a little less than the comparable Irok.

Wide they are, great for snow and sand, perhaps other places if they fit :)

I had a set of 37" rockers and they worked good, I just could not keep them from burping air at anything below 10psi.

X2
I had mine for a year before the inner bead started burping air. Last winter I flipped the tire on the rim and used the bead lock to hold the weak bead. With no air in the tire I could just step on the side wall of the tire and it would drop off the rim. The other tires were still tight. Now the other front tire is starting to do the same thing. I my have to go to double bead locks.
Specs 39.5", 8" wide steel T.R. bead locks
Over all I like the tires, they work better under a heavy rig though.
The smaller sizes have 4 ply side walls that flex better.
GHPractice019.jpg

Found this movie while looking for a picture. This was a fun day up at Edison OHV area, you could drive anywhere.
[youtube]fek0Ftcb4gM[/youtube]

We run them at 3-4 lbs on sinle TR locks without any burping on the comp rigs. Only time we have lost a bead or burped air was when they were not broken in yet.

It took over a year to start seeing the problem
In the snow I run less than zero sometimes, that probobly dosen't help.

Nice! I guess you might have to hook your tires up to a vacuum, just to allow more tire movement. How about -10PSI tire pressure? :redneck:

I have a set of 37's sitting in the garage just waiting for my beadlock kits to show up so I can throw them on. Hopefully they will be a good drive to trail, wheel, drive back tire

If noone caught on, My buddy is selling a set of broken in 37 rockers for a 17 inch rim. They flex great and the edges are barely radiused. Hes going to 39 krawlers. he wants 800 for all 4.

Grommit, you'll have no problem. I never even had to balance them, they were perfect first try and were not a total pain in the arse to install myself.

Latest posts